Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: the xp deus seems awsome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XP Deus is a good machine but that video is the Fisher F19

Which is a souped up Gold Bug Pro.  Which is not a bad machine in itself.
It test four machines side by side. it will be awhile before I can
Drop 1300 for a machine but maybe I can inch my way up.
OK, but I think you linked the wrong video.. I have seen the video you are talking about but it is not the one in your original post.  This may be the video you are referring to.

Thanks for sharing.

The XP is indeed awesome. I haven't used one myself, yet, the way people are raving about them is the ultimate product review. Of course, not everyone loves them, though most of the feedback I hear is that they are incredible. The design alone is exceptional, as it is SO cutting-edge that you have to give credit to the designers. Why couldn't the Americans come up with something like that?!

Just so you know, it is a SPECIALIZED unit for certain applications, for the most part. It's primary use to most people that own it is, as an 'unlocker'. Meaning, it is EXCEPTIONAL for using in heavy iron sites, what with its ability to pluck good targets from amongst the junk. It is NOT meant to be a detector to use in parks & for applications like coin hunting. It also isn't meant for modern trash sites, either. Of course, you COULD use it for whatever/wherever you wish, although, you wouldn't be getting the most from the unit, as there are better detectors suited for the above applications.

Relic hunting & heavy iron site work = TERRIFIC

Coinshooting, depth hunting, detecting in more modern trashy places = NOT THE BEST CHOICE

What type of hunting do you normally do? That is the first question you have to ask yourself Happy

Joe
(10-01-2014 06:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]The XP is indeed awesome. I haven't used one myself, yet, the way people are raving about them is the ultimate product review. Of course, not everyone loves them, though most of the feedback I hear is that they are incredible. The design alone is exceptional, as it is SO cutting-edge that you have to give credit to the designers. Why couldn't the Americans come up with something like that?!

Just so you know, it is a SPECIALIZED unit for certain applications, for the most part. It's primary use to most people that own it is, as an 'unlocker'. Meaning, it is EXCEPTIONAL for using in heavy iron sites, what with its ability to pluck good targets from amongst the junk. It is NOT meant to be a detector to use in parks & for applications like coin hunting. It also isn't meant for modern trash sites, either. Of course, you COULD use it for whatever/wherever you wish, although, you wouldn't be getting the most from the unit, as there are better detectors suited for the above applications.

Relic hunting & heavy iron site work = TERRIFIC

Coinshooting, depth hunting, detecting in more modern trashy places = NOT THE BEST CHOICE

What type of hunting do you normally do? That is the first question you have to ask yourself Happy

Joe

I'll go along with this up to the coinshooting  trashy park part which is where I think you're underestimating the Deus. I think the FBS machines and the V3i give you more info than the Deus if that's all you are going to base your decision to dig on but the Deus trumps them all in speed of acquisition of targets and that combined with it's razor sharp discriminator can make it a very effective hunter, if you decide to believe it.  It's notch system with adjustable tonal discrimination makes it very formidable in the trash. I can't think of many machines that give the info the Deus does as well as "adjustable and intelligent audio" beside those listed above and the Deus rolls and hides from those machines when you expand it's usage to the fields.

I'm a hybrid trashpicker type---I don't do the beep and dig stuff but dig alot of trash my machines say I shouldn't --I've found alot of good stuff that way. While the 3030 or etrac give me a feeling of WHAT's in the ground and say "dig it"  , the Deus seems to tell me "don't dig it ,,,,if you dare". I don't dig nearly as much trash with  FBSs but the digging with the Deus is somehow more fun Happy.

The depth story has yet to be told as even the Minelab FBSs don't go deep in my dry alkaline soil but so far the Deus has not been embarrassed if you choose your frequencies wisely.

I'd take it over an F75ltd or AT Pro even if I had to swing it with my knees.
until I learto tell the differnce I am digging everything. I am learning the bounty Hunter but atill have a long way to go.
Reference URL's