Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Headphones ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok what type of headphones are you all using. I use the koss that came with my e-trac but they are hot and heavy in the summer time.Was thinking about getting a set of the grey ghost. Looking to see what others are using and like?
I use the killer b stinger.  It's just one ear.  I have to be aware of my surroundings.  Not being able to hear is like being in pitch dark.
Grey Ghosts originals (3 pair) and  Grey Ghosts NDTs as a backup !! Happy

Never liked the Koss that game with the machine and have tried almost every set made and just prefer the Grey Ghosts.
I'm not a fan of the big bulky headphones at all, as first, way too hot to wear in the Summer. I'm a heavy sweater, and hate being covered up in heat. Second, they restrict outside noise too much, and as I hunt in a lot of urban/semi urban places, I need to be vigilant of my surroundings. So...

Both my buddy Gerry & I use the Philips model below. Super lightweight, durable, great sound & stylish to boot. They have a pretty good grip on one's head, yet, aren't too tight. Most importantly, they don't block out all outside noise 100%. I can still hear some of my surroundings while wearing them. They go for about $30 and are terrific.

In the winter I'll actually use the bigger bulkier phones, as they help keep my ears warm.

Joe
Grey Ghost Ultimates but used the Koss 9000s from White's for a long time very happily until the cords gave out. The GGU are very comfortable but they do get hot and in the Summer months I'll go wireless with Rapoo 3070s. I've noticed a slight change in tone with the GGU when compared to the Koss but was able to adjust the threshold pitch  up a couple numbers to get the sounds I was liking. You can really expand the audio info in the gold nickel range to the point you can actually tell the tabs from the rest------stinkin' foils the real problem Sad
Pioneer HDJ 1500 Professional DJ headphones.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/D...s/HDJ-1500
you can flip either side for one ear listening, they have a replaceable removable cord, that you can disconnect at the ear, so you don't have a cord hanging while digging. the cord only connects on one side so you don`t have a cord running under your neck. they are lightweight magnesium for extended rugged use. and they fold up into a small pouch . i have a tiny head ( I wear a XS motorcycle helmet ) and the earphones fit very snug.
they are comfy to wear. the earphone covers are made of very soft real leather with a memory type foam for a superb fit ...

only use them at the beach or parks, i like to hear the rattlesnakes, and hogs warning me to leave in the woods, so i go naked ...

[attachment=3449]
[attachment=3447][attachment=3448]
TDK WR700 Wireless on most machines. Not quite as good sounding compared conventional but can't stand cords getting in the way.
Bulletbob dude, I am curious - did you get the Grey Ghosts? If so how are they and if not did you buy another brand?
I use a set of Jolly Roger on my DFX and factory wireless on my V3I.
These are all I've been using lately on all of my machines.

http://www.metaldetector.com/xp-deus-fol...-backphone
They have 32ohm rated speakers and unless you HAVE to be wireless or are detecting in a really noisey area I think they're hard to beat. Plus you can wear whatever hat you wish. If you hunt with a hat that has a shade scarf on it , they fit under the drape instead of on top. They come with an inline volume control and the cord is just the right length,,,not too short like lots of light weight phones. Best 20 bucks you can spend on detecting IMO.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's