Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 ring minie, small buckle, copper top, other odd stuff.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
small odd copper round topper to something.
it is not threaded inside, no idea what it went to, pretty interesting piece though .
then i pulled up a small brass ring ( loop ) in a lump of mud. didnt know it was a ring till i got it home, also pulled a small brass buckle which still has the tongue , i will need to do some cleaning to free it up. also pulled a small complete Spencer cartridge it was complete, but when i got home the tip had fallen off. then I thought i had another round ball till i broke the clump, turned out to be a small 3 ring minie bullet.
then pulled a few fired round balls. and odd lead ... the little black thing in my hand is a very tiny metal tip to something, it is holed in one side, thought it was a metallic bead but the hole dont run all the way through it . a few other odd ball items, and a chunk of iron with a brass loop attached to it. again no telling what that is either.
no pot`o gold today ...

thanks for peeking ...
H.H.

BONES ...

[attachment=3450][attachment=3451][attachment=3452][attachment=3453][attachment=3454][attachment=3455][attachment=3456][attachment=3457][attachment=3458]
(10-02-2014 06:08 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff.  That little bullet is really cool.

TY ... that`s the smallest 3 ringer i have ever seen or found myself ...
thought it was another round ball in the clump of mud, i was pretty happy
when i cleaned it and saw it was a minie ... i find tons of the colonial round balls.
but very few civil war era minies ... trying to get a few together for a civil war era minie bullet display ...

BONES ...
(10-02-2014 10:21 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]BONES, it's odd that you found a ring attached and one separate. These brass rings are all over the place. I found one which I'm certain belongs to some kind of horse bridle setup for a wagon, but I've not been able to get any further ID. A number of the local farriers had there own methods and designs and none of it was recorded. I'm going to take a few pieces I have that have no internet answers and go door knocking at many of the local horse boarding stables here and see if anyone has a clue. I might also get permission to hunt as well.

Nice finds there otherwise. And I really like the things you do to your Avatars!

HH

Ed

Ty Ed ... i like goofin off with computer graphics. fun to switch up the pic every now and then ...
not sure what the loops go to, the small one is attached to a piece of iron. i have been finding very large chunks of iron some over 3 feet long and over an inch thick, no idea what it was, but whatever it was it was big ...

Just for the record in this post we believe we have ID`d the first round object as part of a spout to a leather powder bag. full pics posted in another post ...
the round object fits perfectly with an item i found from the same site a couple weeks ago.
( last photo sample )

[attachment=3474][attachment=3475] [attachment=3476]
Ty Joe,
I only use the Minelab now, just took the old BH out that one day. just for fun ...
Reference URL's