Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I love Colonial Relics!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to love those old buckles!!  Thanks for sharing!!

And nice plug for the forum and website!
Thanks for watching Ron!
Few nice catches there. love the colonial stuff.

Nice Job on the relics.

BONES ...
Fantastic buckle! Great ID on the piece, too, and thanks for sharing the buckle reference website Yes I can see by your reaction when you dig these items that your love of history is immense. That's why we do this. It's the thrill of discovery. Uncovering the past. Not knowing what the next dig will bring. I still get goosebumps digging a 100 year old coin. My mind starts racing about how the person lost it, what their circumstances were, etc. We get to be amateur detectives, in a sense Happy

Joe
Nice video.  That's cool how you ID'd that buckle.  We are metal detectives.
Great Video IDig!! I can see you're having a good time in your backyard. That Delta is a fabulous all around machine. Very nice finds and thanks for the link!

Ed
Liked the video and the finds are neat love the suspense with not having a pin pointer. Keep them coming
(10-03-2014 03:02 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Few nice catches there. love the colonial stuff.

Nice Job on the relics.

BONES ...

Thanks for watching Bones!

(10-03-2014 08:02 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic buckle! Great ID on the piece, too, and thanks for sharing the buckle reference website Yes I can see by your reaction when you dig these items that your love of history is immense. That's why we do this. It's the thrill of discovery. Uncovering the past. Not knowing what the next dig will bring. I still get goosebumps digging a 100 year old coin. My mind starts racing about how the person lost it, what their circumstances were, etc. We get to be amateur detectives, in a sense Happy

Joe

You described the feeling perfectly, we obviously get it, as most of us do in the hobby. Thanks for watching friend! 

(10-03-2014 08:38 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice video.  That's cool how you ID'd that buckle.  We are metal detectives.

Thanks friend, I love the research almost as much as the find itself. That digital book is a free download by the way. Thanks for watching friend!

(10-04-2014 09:07 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Great Video IDig!! I can see you're having a good time in your backyard. That Delta is a fabulous all around machine. Very nice finds and thanks for the link!

Ed

Hey Ed, 
Can you believe it will be one year next month since I started this great hobby, and I have yet to leave my own yard. I stand by the Delta as a great first detector, but I am hungry for an upgrade, you know how it its. Thanks for watching friend!

(10-05-2014 10:04 AM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Liked the video and the finds are neat love the suspense with not having a pin pointer. Keep them coming

I wish I had a pin pointer, I am probably missing some great targets not having one. I do have one, but it's an antique that is over 30 years old and although it works you have to be touching the target to get a signal, not much help as you can imagine. I am working on getting a pin pointer and comparing the Garrett pro pointer with the Xpointer.  It appears to me the Xpointer is very comparable and about $40 cheaper. 
Thanks for watching friend! 
Reference URL's