Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: along the side of railroad tracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have learned to pinpoint iron pretty good the Aluminum  throws me off every time
Cool stuff.  I'm kinda concerned.  It seems like all your finds you post are big items.  You aren't finding any small stuff like pulltabs and coins?  Are you swinging the coil close to the ground?  What is that nice looking sheath I see in the pic?
that is the hori hori knife you recommended I think it was you.I know what you mean I am hiting the big iron. The aluminum is what iget i it says silver dimes or nickles. I may not have my dis set right im playing with it.

im having just the same. I consider it paying my dues. But realy want something cool.
That was me.  I thought I recognized the sheath.  It's a nice digger huh?  You can't disc out all aluminum.  Cans and other big aluminum will hit high like a coin.  Different size pieces will hit all over the place.  I never set my disc past foil.  Even if a place is loaded with pulltabs.  I will listen to them and I can't help but dig some.  You never know what a pulltab might be.  If you disc them out you may miss nickels too since they are so close.  I usually leave my disc wide open though and if something hits above iron and sounds good and I'm not in a trash dump I'm diggin it.
yes I love the hori hori. you right abou5 the big aluminum hiting all over the place. I will be back out tomorow
Remember that what the detector says something is is just a probable guess.  I have dug quite a few pulltab hits that weren't pulltabs.  The best one was my avatar pic.  It's an 1859 Indian head.  It hit loud and clear- shallow pulltab.  It was just under the surface and I couldn't believe it.  Still my oldest coin to date and if I wasn't diggin pulltabs I wouldn't have it.  Another time I remember a nice nickel hit and dug an old bus token from a company that hasn't existed since the 1950s.  That was a cool find.  You never know.
You just keep at it Sam! Sooner or later it'll all click and you'll be surprising yourself all day long!

Ed
nice finds ...
Reference URL's