Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Brass Something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-07-2014 08:26 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't a clue any which way, however, I do know one thing...

Ron, if I ever catch you wearing either one of those getups, you're instantly banished from our community! Rofl

Joe

Big Grin funny schit!

No gay!
(10-07-2014 07:34 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Well  , I spent the first half of my life on or around equine and personally I don't think either guess is correct but they're still probably better than mine. Never heard of gag loop before , maybe it's an Eastern term you Yankees use , but all the images I can find relate that to some form of snaffle bit , which it ain't(sic) since it's way too small for anything except maybe a pony bit and they're almost always rigid. As far as the halter part , the offset on the rotation is wrong unless it's been bent to less than 90 degrees--pretty light weight for that also but , hey , it's possible.
My guess is some sort of a reign guide off of draft/working horse tack or maybe a carriage reign guide. 
Might also be off of a purse strap from the local hooker.

Us "Yankees" sure can have odd terms for things, however, we make up for it in our fine taste in television programming. And if I must say, you hillbillies sure as shit make compelling, informative t.v. shows Big Grin

Joe
(10-07-2014 08:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2014 07:34 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Well  , I spent the first half of my life on or around equine and personally I don't think either guess is correct but they're still probably better than mine. Never heard of gag loop before , maybe it's an Eastern term you Yankees use , but all the images I can find relate that to some form of snaffle bit , which it ain't(sic) since it's way too small for anything except maybe a pony bit and they're almost always rigid. As far as the halter part , the offset on the rotation is wrong unless it's been bent to less than 90 degrees--pretty light weight for that also but , hey , it's possible.
My guess is some sort of a reign guide off of draft/working horse tack or maybe a carriage reign guide. 

Us "Yankees" sure can have odd terms for things, however, we make up for it in our fine taste in television programming. And if I must say, you hillbillies sure as shit make compelling, informative t.v. shows Big Grin

Joe

LOL! I get your drift---with the Gator people and the Turtleman I'm damn glad the Mason Dixon line ends at the Mississippi and doesn't come any further West or I might have to move!!
(10-07-2014 09:37 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2014 08:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

LOL! I get your drift---with the Gator people and the Turtleman I'm damn glad the Mason Dixon line ends at the Mississippi and doesn't come any further West or I might have to move!!

Ha! Glad we have a similar sense of humor! It's all good, Dusty Happy

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's