Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 nice coins this week.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well i say 3 nice coins ..its 2 and a half coins lol.
went out for a few hours then the rain stopped play ...i don't mind a bit of rain but
it was a bit too much for a old fart like me lol

anyway the better finds was these a Elizabeth 1st hammy a james1st farthing (broken)and a roman.

[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 8.jpg]
Nice finds nomis!! Do you ever clean those types of coins? I would think that you shouldn't but I don't know. I would at least attempt a toothbrush scrub here. Even our IH's and large cents have so much corrosion as is that you sometimes can't read the dates.

Ed
very nice finds Nomis
(10-07-2014 07:59 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds nomis!! Do you ever clean those types of coins? I would think that you shouldn't but I don't know. I would at least attempt a toothbrush scrub here. Even our IH's and large cents have so much corrosion as is that you sometimes can't read the dates.

Ed

hi ...well id rinse under tap most of them ...the silver hammys ill do the spit and foil
on them then a soft cloth ....but our coppers coins most are just to eroded with
all the chemicals in the ground .....most romans ill leave there just turn to dust ..
most stuff over 300+ years old will take care cleaning. anything after that don't really
bother too much.

GL&HH
Simon

(10-07-2014 08:36 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]very nice finds Nomis

thank you sir Yes
Wish I could find some like that over here. Killer stuff. Congrats!
very nice finds, Nomis
Sweet Score!!  Congrats!!
Beauties!
Love that Roman especially.
Congrats on those!

Ron turned me on to a tumbler with jewelers shot -
Its done miracles on relics/ coins / buttons that were totally trashed - 
You can periodically check after a couple of hours, and pull em out when the level of clean is to your liking - I like having mostly old patina still with the raised embossings a little shiny or gilt for contrast.
(rather than leaving til totally cleaned)
(10-07-2014 11:08 AM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I could find some like that over here. Killer stuff. Congrats!

We can, Leo! When we go off to dreamy land at night!!! Tongue Fantastic, Nomis!!! I'm closing in on you. I just need a coin about 1,500 years older & then we're tied, lol.

Joe
(10-10-2014 07:19 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2014 11:08 AM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I could find some like that over here. Killer stuff. Congrats!

We can, Leo! When we go off to dreamy land at night!!! Tongue Fantastic, Nomis!!! I'm closing in on you. I just need a coin about 1,500 years older & then we're tied, lol.

Joe

we can always hope ... there are many finds indicating that the ancient Romans, Egyptians, Chinese, Vikings, and others had visited and travelled the North American continent long before old Christopher Colubus . so there may be one in the dirt out there somewhere waiting on one of us ...
http://davidpratt.info/americas1.htm
there are many sites with similar info ... interesting stuff to read.
almost makes one want to pick up a metal detector and look for treasures ... Think
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's