Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello from Pittsburgh PA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I just started detecting last summer and am having a good time with it. So far my oldest coin is an 1889 indian head penny. I have also found one gold diamond ring. Of course alot of other coins and a truck load of junk. I'm taking a trip to VA this weekend. Staying a week. Hoping to find some war relics.

Will
Hey Will,  Welcome aboard.

Hey you broke into the 1800's so that is a quick start to this hobby.  Congrats on the gold too!

Good luck in Virginia.  I lived in the Richmond area for 3 years and that is where I got started in this hobby back in 97.

Do you have sites lined up?  If not, knock on some doors you may get lucky.  Look for a farm field and most areas in VA seem to have civil war items.  But I found my first Civil War bullet in a yard so you never know.

Post up your finds.  This site is relatively new and is growing with a pretty good mix of folks.

Ron
Welcome, Will! Excellent advice from Ron Yes If you want to be inspired, look up his post about finding the cache...truly astounding! 

I've been detecting for quite a few years now, and it took me about a year to find my first silver (a mercury dime). Took longer to find an Indian head, so, you're doing fantastic, so far Happy 

Enjoy the community, and post your stuff so we can see!!!

Joe
(07-10-2013 04:08 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Will,  Welcome aboard.

Hey you broke into the 1800's so that is a quick start to this hobby.  Congrats on the gold too!

Good luck in Virginia.  I lived in the Richmond area for 3 years and that is where I got started in this hobby back in 97.

Do you have sites lined up?  If not, knock on some doors you may get lucky.  Look for a farm field and most areas in VA seem to have civil war items.  But I found my first Civil War bullet in a yard so you never know.

Post up your finds.  This site is relatively new and is growing with a pretty good mix of folks.

Ron

I am staying at my brothers place down there. He has a couple acres of land that I'm hoping has never been detected. I will see what I find there and if it's not so good I can wander around a little. Thanks for the welcome guys.
Hi Will!!
Greetings to all "Yunsers" from Hungary!!
I used to live in Wexford (North Hills) from '76-'86 and still have lots of nice memories and great friends back there!!!
GL+HH!!!
George
(03-25-2014 06:41 PM)drgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Will!!
Greetings to all "Yunsers" from Hungary!!
I used to live in Wexford (North Hills) from '76-'86 and still have lots of nice memories and great friends back there!!!
GL+HH!!!
George

Hi George. I was born in 76 at North Hills Passavant hospital.
OMG!!!  My Mom worked there at that time--what a small world!!!!!
Reference URL's