Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Best of a short hunt today (old house lot).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Best of a short 2 hr hunt today at an old home site/empty lot Happy

White House Token
1962 Roosie
.10 play money coin

[attachment=3627]
[attachment=3628]
[attachment=3629]

Beer
Cool finds.  What's the play money made of?
(10-08-2014 09:48 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Cool finds.  What's the play money made of?

Aluminum & some % tin I believe is what these were made of 

it rang mid tone and it does have a slight bit of rust forming but it's very light and looks/feels alum.

I used to play with them as a kid in the 60s but I think this one is more like "40s or 50s" era
Good grab on the silver, Wayne. Never saw a White House token before, that's a new one. How old is the lot? Did you hit it with the Deus?

Joe
Nice finds, congrats on the rosie.
the White house token is pretty interesting ...
Cool Dude! Like the Rosie and the play token. Me too on the White House token. Any copyright dates on that?

Ed
(10-08-2014 10:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Good grab on the silver, Wayne. Never saw a White House token before, that's a new one. How old is the lot? Did you hit it with the Deus?

Joe

The house dated back to 1890s but was torn down recently

I was using the Deus Nerd

the lot is so infested with crap (new and old) it's hard to pick anything out definitively as the aluminum, tin and scrap is so intense that you dig one good target to every 20 dug... Add all the iron in and yee ha!

I did dig a few old/er items - nothing really good but more "period" of when the home was built - will post them at a later date.

(10-08-2014 10:22 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Cool Dude! Like the Rosie and the play token. Me too on the White House token. Any copyright dates on that?

Ed

No "date" on it Ohio

it's what they call a "travel token" I believe

most likely 50s era
Wayne, if I was more of a relic guy, of hit a lot of sites that were iron heavy, I'd SURELY have the Deus. However, depth rules the roost around here, as most of the surface stuff was picked clean years ago, and then you have fill on top of that, to help compound the problem. You know the deal...

Speed & depth don't go hand in hand, so, that's why the Minelabs are the kings in my neck of the woods. Our dirt is pretty bad too, and that's another area where the ML's shine. I've tried many units over the years; Whites, Fisher, Teknetics, etc. Never a Tesoro though. Two best machines I EVER owned - bar none - was my 1021 CZ3D (which was tuned by Tom D. himself) & my Safari.

Curious, everyone keeps raving about how 'intelligent' the tones are on the Deus. How rich they are. How much info they provide. Is this true? If so, how, being since it's basically just a low, medium, high tone machine? In your opinion, are the tones better than the Minelabs?

Joe
Those play money always get me...first thought is a half dime,lol.
(10-08-2014 10:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Curious, everyone keeps raving about how 'intelligent' the tones are on the Deus. How rich they are. How much info they provide. Is this true? If so, how, being since it's basically just a low, medium, high tone machine? In your opinion, are the tones better than the Minelabs?

Joe

The Deus VS FBS machines on tones is this

no - the etrac and Sov. or ctx etc. have better "sounding" more pleasing tones that you get used to and that help you to identify whether you have a good or bad target under your coil based on "which" tone you're hearing,

but

the Deus tones (2, 3, 4, 5, and "full tones") are not as "pleasing" to the ear as a ML machine but - the way the Deus works to give you a better picture of what's under the coil (rel: as to a good target or not) is based on "how" it sounds 

and what that means is: whether or not it is a "full/solid" tone/sound VS a weak/hollow tonal/sound and also whether it's "round" sounding or not... it reports more analog style like the old time machines did (like the old 1236x or CZ's etc.) VS the new age digital machines that do not report like analog (where basically the signal sounds the same over all targets (shape, size, etc.) except that the pitch/tone changes according to what type of metal it sees) ...

(10-08-2014 11:23 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Those play money always get me...first thought is a half dime,lol.

Exactly Ray!!

That or 3 cent Silver! Actually - they sound exactly the same as a 3 cent silver does on the Deus and that's what I thought it was at 1st!

Remember that though out there in those gold camps you hunt -- the 3 cent silver doesn't hit high tone like typical silver on a deus when using 3 or 4 tones and 18khz freq. -- it hits mid tone -- found that out last fall when I dug one ;-)

Beer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's