Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you take breaks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-09-2014 08:34 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I go out for about 4 to 5 hours a day, sometimes 7 days a week, but usually 5 days, as I do have stuff to do. Most of the time I carry a small bag of Skittles with me or a box of Good & Plenty. I always carry water with me and have a cooler full of it and ice on the passenger floor of my truck. I drink about 5 or 6 - 22 oz. bottles a day too as a normal thing. Doing this woods thing, I simply have to take a break. (Mostly to find a big tree to pee on and hide behind.)Yes The areas are so large I have to take at least 5 to 10 minutes for a smoke, a few bits of candy and a couple sips of water at least every hour where I can find a comfortable log to park my carcass. I catch up with journal entries then too, so I can reference them when needed. It helps renew me physically and also get my bearings as to where I am in location to where I parked and how much further I'm going to go before I have to turn around and head back before dark. On the weekends I will sometimes pack a lunch and eat it between spots. And there's always a large cup of sweet black coffee sitting in the cup holder of my truck, cold or not, I love it!!

Ed
Geez Ed , can I come to Summer Camp at your place? That sounds like a terrific routine you have there right down to the smoke break part and I haven't burned one in 5 years now but I'd fall off the wagon just to partake with you. BTW  Joe , how's that working out for you?
(10-09-2014 08:45 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2014 08:34 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I go out for about 4 to 5 hours a day, sometimes 7 days a week, but usually 5 days, as I do have stuff to do. Most of the time I carry a small bag of Skittles with me or a box of Good & Plenty. I always carry water with me and have a cooler full of it and ice on the passenger floor of my truck. I drink about 5 or 6 - 22 oz. bottles a day too as a normal thing. Doing this woods thing, I simply have to take a break. (Mostly to find a big tree to pee on and hide behind.)Yes The areas are so large I have to take at least 5 to 10 minutes for a smoke, a few bits of candy and a couple sips of water at least every hour where I can find a comfortable log to park my carcass. I catch up with journal entries then too, so I can reference them when needed. It helps renew me physically and also get my bearings as to where I am in location to where I parked and how much further I'm going to go before I have to turn around and head back before dark. On the weekends I will sometimes pack a lunch and eat it between spots. And there's always a large cup of sweet black coffee sitting in the cup holder of my truck, cold or not, I love it!!

Ed
Geez Ed , can I come to Summer Camp at your place? That sounds like a terrific routine you have there right down to the smoke break part and I haven't burned one in 5 years now but I'd fall off the wagon just to partake with you. BTW  Joe , how's that working out for you?

Anytime Dusty! But you better be able to keep up. Or "No Skittles for You!" I've smoked now for 48 years, since I was 15! 49 years next year! People aren't fond of quitters. LOL

Ed
I take breaks only because work and the wife's honey do list keeps getting in the way. When I get to go it's all out. I take water and something to eat most of the time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's