Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Mounting screws on AT Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if any of you techie types might know what kind of screws hold the head of the AT Pro on the rod ?

If Garrett has used machine screws I can replace them with screws that can be tightened by hand, making it easier to break down to carry on my Harley,

If they are simply self tapping into a plastic boss, this idea would not work.

Anyone take one apart yet ?
Self tapping into the plastic

I took one apart

it's a poor design and I wouldn't screw with it too much although you can go to a larger screw (diam) if you plan on setting them and leaving them but repeated in/out will strip the plastic for sure...
(10-10-2014 06:17 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Self tapping into the plastic

I took one apart

it's a poor design and I wouldn't screw with it too much although you can go to a larger screw (diam) if you plan on setting them and leaving them but repeated in/out will strip the plastic for sure...

Thanks for that insight, I will get a replacement bottom case and sink an insert into the plastic boss for each screw so I can use a thumb type machine screw .
Reference URL's