Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #42 & 43 and Misc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did laundry, went to my grandsons 3 year birthday party, then moved a refrigerator for my other son, then went detecting. Was in the woods 45 minutes from 5 pm and ran into these. At first I thought it may be a can top as I had dug several of them already in the immediate area. Was a 28, 29 & 30 with solid high tone, but the 30 threw me off as that usually indicates a can top or flattened can. Checked the area with the X-Pointer and had nothing on or near the surface so pinpointed with the SE and had a large signal, not tight, but a solid 29 VID. So I said to myself, "Well it's probably a can, but you better dig it." Nicked it with the trowel and being it's almost dark now I at first thought it was a can top, except I saw the eagle. Checked the hole with my X-Pointer and had something in the sidewall. Boom, out pops the Washington. In the woods until dark again scouring the area.

And the deer horn (antler) is a first.

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed
Holy shit, Ed!!! Supercalifragalisticexpeealidocius!!! Insane find! I've found ONE walker in 10 years! Is that your first? Way to go Yes The antler is awesome, too Happy

And congrats on your grandsons bday!!!

Joe
(10-12-2014 08:15 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Holy shit, Ed!!! Supercalifragalisticexpeealidocius!!! Insane find! I've found ONE walker in 10 years! Is that your first? Way to go Yes The antler is awesome, too Happy

And congrats on your grandsons bday!!!

Joe

Thanks Joe! And that's my third half this year and my eighth quarter. Found a 42 Walker first, then a 66 Kennedy and now this 35 Walker. And I was limited on time because I didn't get out until 5 pm after being Mr. Good Guy all day. So the fickle finger of fate does have it's payback!!

Ed
Very nice walker and a bonus Washington. Congrats! Your kill in it now.
Nice Half!
Wow Ed I probably would have thought that half was a can top too.  That's awesome.  Cool antler.  I've been seeing alot of deer in the woods, but haven't found any antlers.
Oh WOW !!! are you kidding !!!. man Ed you have been killing the silver.

BONES ...
Nice Score on the Walker!!  WTG!
Way to go Ed!!!
Excellent Ohio 

those walkers are HARD to come by these days for sure!

Congrats! Yes

Beer
Reference URL's