Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: after a huge rain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How soon after a huge rain do you normally wait.
The sooner Thee better?
Or do you wait for a little bit for the ground to
Harden?
Moist ground is much easier to dig.  Alot of people say the moisture helps your detector see better in the ground too.
I agree with Will on both counts Sam. The ground shouldn't be sloppy wet, just enough to squeeze it into a ball and it won't fall apart or drip water out. Some guys like dry ground as it's easier to separate the signals or target, some guys like slightly moist ground because it enhances the signals. I prefer the latter. I think it makes detecting faster and easier. I don't like hunting dry ground because around these parts it turns into concrete and could end up being a widowmaker under the right circumstances.

Ed
(10-13-2014 09:52 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Will on both counts Sam. The ground shouldn't be sloppy wet, just enough to squeeze it into a ball and it won't fall apart or drip water out. Some guys like dry ground as it's easier to separate the signals or target, some guys like slightly moist ground because it enhances the signals. I prefer the latter. I think it makes detecting faster and easier. I don't like hunting dry ground because around these parts it turns into concrete and could end up being a widowmaker under the right circumstances.

Ed

I agree with Will & Ed's words Yes I think it's almost always better to hunt after a good soaking rain. Not immediately after, but, maybe a day or two later. The only negative to hunting after heavy rains could be...

If your spot/s have a lot of heavy iron. The water can increase the iron halo, thereby making it more difficult to detect since it'll sound like iron is beneath you on every swing. Aside from this however...

Moist ground = more depth = more deeper (older) finds Happy

Joe
Honestly?  Unless the ground is frozen, is 6 inches under snow or is sloppy muddy, JUST GET OUT THERE!  Swing that coil as often as you're able.  You'll find out what works best for YOU!  Can't wait to see what you pull up!
(10-14-2014 08:57 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly?  Unless the ground is frozen, is 6 inches under snow or is sloppy muddy, JUST GET OUT THERE!  Swing that coil as often as you're able.  You'll find out what works best for YOU!  Can't wait to see what you pull up!

Perfect answer Yes

Joe
(10-14-2014 09:21 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2014 08:57 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly?  Unless the ground is frozen, is 6 inches under snow or is sloppy muddy, JUST GET OUT THERE!  Swing that coil as often as you're able.  You'll find out what works best for YOU!  Can't wait to see what you pull up!

Perfect answer Yes

Joe

I couldn't agree more, cause if you're not swinging your thing you won't be diggin it.
Reference URL's