Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Civil War era CSA " I " infantry button. another buckle.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1880`s tent slips a month or two ago, got out for an hour before hearing the most awful sound imaginable on the Etrac , the Flat Battery tone ... yep forgot to charge. ...
i was able to pull up a nice large CSA Infantry button. " I " . ( about the size of a quarter ) I cannot make out any back mark yet. i will update the info on it later. but really happy about that find ,
a few feet from the button i pulled up a nice tiny fat brass buckle, the tongue still moves freely so that is cool. another eyelet to the 1880`s tent canopy . an odd brass thingy, more pottery pieces. small shell casing head stamp reads " US " first one i have found like that out of 100`s. a toasted 1967 quarter. and a 62-63 pop top Happy

thanks for looking .
BONES ...

update : buttons back mark appears to read " superior quality " - button # : cc076 CS172A1 1/4 down on this page .
http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/cscentrlist

[attachment=3721]
(10-14-2014 05:14 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]That BLOCK I button is a fantastic Find!!  Congrats!!

Line Roman I 2-piece with border

Let me know the back mark once you get it!!

possibilities: "Courtney & Tennent ; "Superior Quality" ; or just blank

VERY VERY COOL!

Thank you very much Ron.
the backmark reads - Superior Quality .

(10-14-2014 05:32 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know much about buttons but very nice find BONES. That cartridge with the US headstamp may be United States Cartridge Co., as they stamped almost all their stuff only with "US" back in the day, and only started the U.S.C. stamping later on. Does it look like a 22 magnum long case or long rifle?

Ed

thank you Ed.
the shell casing appears to be a 22 long. unlike the others i usuallly find, this one has a slight bevel, or tapers towards the end .
(10-14-2014 06:21 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah-- you might like this

It is an ENGLISH import!!

A British made US Civil war button, very interesting.
Thank you again Ron. really cool ... Yes
(10-16-2014 12:15 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2014 08:00 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice "script I" Bones!

The rest ain't bad either  Yes

Beer

Not to be a dick-- but that is a BLOCK I (Actually the real name in the books is Roman "I" )

Here is a pretty script I though!!

I love those script style buttons, really fancy ...
i dont think mine is that old, but here is one i found last year.
( sorry about the dark pic )
[attachment=3738]
Reference URL's