Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 Interesting Items!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last couple of days has been a bust on silver but here's three interesting pieces.

A B&O lock which says FRAIM MFG on it with part of the chain still attached. Haven't had time to look this one up yet (BONES) but I think it may have been a boxcar lock as I found it about 100' from train tracks in the woods and it looks like somebody took a hammer to the backside. See Pic #2.

An Air Force Officers Cap pin (which dummy me broke the attachment off of trying to free it from roots) from either the 1950's or 1970's, can't seem to acquire enough specific info to settle on a date. This is another one from the woods. I think a bunch of kids were playing Army and left the hat behind because there was a small tuft of something around the nut, wool or rotted leather, which I lost in the milieu.

And a knife handle which is in 2 parts and must have been cold steel with wooden inserts. Found about 4 shotgun brass in the surrounding area within 5 feet of the handle.

Other than that, zip.... except for a few really beat clad coins from the 70's.

Keep on swingin' and a diggin', it's bound to show up sooner or later!

Happy Hunting!

Ed
ooohhh !!! love the old lock. Happy
and the knife and great seal pin are really nice as well.
Really cool stuff that has to be super old
Holy shit, that lock is to die for, Ed!!! I think that's one of the coolest pieces I've ever seen Yes

Joe
Awesome Railroad lock!Where is Micah Moore? He has a killer book on those.
Ray,

From research so far I have found that it is a switch lock. And the key is broken off inside of it and the keyhole cover is missing. Although the rail line I found it next to is a single line. Thanks for the input Ray! Maybe Micah can add more! And those sharp strike slices across it are from my Hori, Hori, trying to beat the dried clay off of it. Not noted particularly for brains but I can cover one hell of a lot of territory!

Ed
That lock is sick.  Awesome find Ed.
Nice digs Ohio Yes

love the old R&R locks

Beer
Cool finds!!

Love that old B&O RR lock  (Baltimore & Ohio RR)  http://www.borail.org/

But the silver Great Seal pin is a great find as well!!

Great stuff!
Just re eyeballed your lock, comparing to the size of your other finds, that lock appears pretty tiny. that is really cool, the two i found in the past couple months are quite large,
i hope a smaller one pops up on the menu soon. I would really like to pull a small one for my collection ...

very cool ....
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's