Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: finally got out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fall is the busy time for us roofers out here in Cali,so my hunts been limited to a quick hour or so. Been jonesing to get out,so today my son and I decided to do some exploring,looking for some mining camps we have read about. Think we found one! Heres the good stuff,minus the small pile of shovels I left behind. The powder flask has a tag says"Hazard powder Conn. Hazardville...would be in perfect shape ,if I didnt stick my pick through the back!#$##/!! Got careless after diggin 3shovels in a row.
[attachment=3780]
[attachment=3781]
[attachment=3782]
That flask is wicked awesome.  Someone took it all the way from Connecticut to California.  Imagine the stories behind that.
Great finds!
Looks like your in the "zone"
Nice period site, love the tag on flask, not to mention the wreath.
Bet there's plenty more to come.
Congrats

Just took a second look at that wreath, Can't quite tell from the pic,but if it is cast and not stamped,I think it's one of the rarer ones.
The way the belt loop attaches to the wreath is a bit different than most I've seen. That curve is pretty uncommon. Very cool piece.

This is the proper tongue for that wreath, the center disc was attached to a brass T-bar.
nice finds
Dude!!! Those are some AMAZING digs!!! The powder flask is nuts! I think you & Ron got the market cornered on those, lol. Don't think I'll ever be digging one of those around here. Sheet, I'm just glad you finally made it out!!! The sweet finds are the icing on the cake Happy

Joe
I'm with Joe! I'd be thrilled to find a powder flask and a wreath buckle! Nice finds Ray!

Ed
SWEEET Digs!!

Here is the info from Max Bell's book.  I am sure it is the same book that Cap is referring to.

I am not sure I trust the rarity in the book as it is only the ones that Max is aware of but still a very awesome find and rare in any sense. If Max only knew of one at the time of the book writing I am sure there are not a bunch out there.

Yours of course is the smooth wreath that they refer to

Congrats and get back out there and find the tongue!!
Thanks guys...felt good to get out...cant wait to finish the job im on and get out again. Thanks Ron!What book is that if you dont mind...id like to find a copy.
Caprock...it is cast..way thicker and heavier than the other ones weve found.
Yes that't the buckle
Book is "Gold Rush Buckles and the Men that Wore Them" by Max Bell
Excellent finds Ray Yes

Glad to see you getting out/finding some good stuff Happy

Beer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's