Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: good morning mining camp site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well when it comes to mine and my dads sites I am the researcher,  I am rarely successful when it comes to finding a good period site, typically I come to find them trashed and picked over,  I have a diary from a local miner who lived in my area from the start of the goldrush till death.  He writes about living in a camp in an area I'm familiar with,  Well finally looks like my research paid off.  Went out with dad this morning and fell upon the site didn't excite me until both my dads and myselfs first target Were wreath buckles dug within 30 seconds of each other.  Anyways feels good to find some cool relics thanks for lookin
Nice finds
Sweet finds and a great story on the diary and campsite location.
Research DOES pay off! And your patience was rewarded Yes My buddy Gerry & I go through the sucky spots, too. We try many, but maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 are really productive. You did good! That tongue is incredible!!! Awesome finds Happy

Joe
That is a good story mountaingoat! To have a diary that old is precious in and of itself. Good to see you found the site and made those finds. Somewhere out there men slaved over gold prospecting. You were there to get a real glimpse of it. I love it!!

Ed
Cool digs MG!

Looks like some miner dude had a headache!
Great job on the research.  Those wreaths are sweet.
Real cool stuff Man. It amazes me to think all the stuff we dig up was the new and latest at one time in History and the story of a mining site would be incredible.
really like hunting them old mining camps lots of old things to find
Excellent job guys!!  You are definitely in a great site!!  Keep at it and I look forward to the many  great relics that you will recover!!

Thanks for sharing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's