Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Watch 60 Minutes tonight!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's a segment on one of the top gold prospectors in Canada, who developed a system to find gold based on his business as one of the top locators of mushrooms. He takes soil samples, analyzes them and has gotten rich with his gold finds...and mushrooms!

Joe
watching now, very interesting. nice 3 oz nug on that guys neck ...
That was fantastic, Bones. Glad you caught it! Hope the guys in other time zones can catch it tonight, especially the gold diggers.

The man deserves it. Talk about paying ones dues. Shit, I'd be thrilled just making the 50 g's picking mushrooms! Lol.

Remember my prediction in a thread a few weeks ago? I said that drones will be able to analyze the land and point out hot spots, where we'll then be able to go into with a detector for fine tuned hunting. The guy is using that as one of his search tools. Imagine where technology will take this hobby in the next 10 or 15 years Wink

Imagine being able to whip out your cell phone, wave it in the air to scan the terrain, and receiving GPS like instruction guiding us to with a certain perimeter where precious metals are buried. Might take some of the fun out of it, but, quite realistic IMO.

Joe
I guess I missed it.
in that case, time is running out for us old treasure hunters.
better get those batteries charged up and get to some hunting.

and again as said many times like in the 50 g`s picking shroom`s and the gold hunting
research always pays off ... wonder if those things grow around here, hell with metal detecting after the next controlled burn, im shrooming ...
(10-19-2014 07:56 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]in that case, time is running out for us old treasure hunters.

and again as said many times like in the 50 g`s picking shroom`s and the gold hunting
research always pays off ... wonder if those things grow around here, hell with metal detecting after the next controlled burn, im shrooming ...

My days of 'shrooming' are long behind me! Tongue I'll pick'm for the cash though!!!

Joe
(10-19-2014 07:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2014 07:56 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]in that case, time is running out for us old treasure hunters.

My days of 'shrooming' are long behind me! Tongue I'll pick'm for the cash though!!!

Joe

I've done a little "shrooming" myself. Had some great times. It's been a while. I never did sell any though.
Crap, I missed it. I agree with the tech. It's our last chance fellas! Tech will eventually rule the day. I still shroom but only for domestic culinary delight.

Ed
LOL !!! had an old farmer who looked like the texas chainsaw massacre guy shoot at my feet three times from point blank range for shroomin in his cow field, i told him your gonna have to shoot me in the back so i started to walk past him to head to where the car was parked, he swung his 22 rifle at me by the butt, and broke it over my arm, the sight went into my forearm and left a nice reminder of the old shroomin days.
went back several hours later did a few doughnuts in his field grabbed my bag of shrooms out the woods line and off we went ...

gotta love the old shroomin days ... Rolleyes

(10-19-2014 08:06 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Crap, I missed it. I agree with the tech. It's our last chance fellas! Tech will eventually rule the day. I still shroom but only for domestic culinary delight.

Ed

but of course Ed, thats why i shroomed too. culinary Delight ... Big Grin
Hey, Bones, I'm guessing the 60 Minutes dude thought those guys were dumb as wood...they're NOT! Did he really think they'd start talking specifics in terms of finances?!

That one fella looked like he was going to shit a brick when the reporter threw out that 10 million number, lol. I would NEVER agree to a televised interview if I was riding high like those guys. Uncle Sam is ALWAYS watching Wink

Did you catch that $200,000 gold ingot? Holy diarrhea!!!

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's