Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: tough week with new machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was a tough week for me, i just bought a new ctx 3030 and its a complete different monster than my explorer se was, any way talking to a few people and watching a lot of youtube videos i got the machine where its finding the good stuff and i have to say its an awesome machine, i have not used the explorer se pro since getting my ctx 3030.    well any way this weekend i went to a couple of spots on the old trail and on saturday i found a 1945s merc a 1948 and 1949 rosies and 4 wheats and today i got a 1899 barber, and 5 wheats, these places have been pounded by other detectorist i seen dig holes everywhere
[attachment=3790][attachment=3791]
Congrats on the great finds!!

The CTX can be fine tuned to be pretty close to the Explorers (tone wise) but you give up some ID ability with the 12 ferrous line on the smart screen.  But it will find stuff the Explorers can't  (not depth but due to better separation ability)

It will be well worth sticking with it.
Nice digs for a days work Yes

I ran the etrac but now a ctx -- 2 different beast altogether there too!

Make use of the target trace feature -- it's a great tool

Beer
really nice bunch of finds.
running an Etrac now, but have my eyes on a CTX as well.
great job with the new machine ...
Tough week?  Looks like your doing pretty good.  Nice coins.
Nice hits on all of the above, especially the 1899 Barber Quarter. Glad to hear you're settling in with that CTX. Running an SE Pro here myself and I love it as I've never found this much silver in one year. Looks like you're going to be on a roll when you start getting inventive with locations and knowledge of what the CTX can do. I'm jealous, but so is everybody else, so I don't feel bad about it!

WTG MAN!!! YesYesYes Beer

Ed
Reference URL's