Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1700`s - 1800`s watch key and other good stuff.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pulled up a tiny colonial era watch key. it has a crossbow and quiver of arrows at the bottom and lions head at the top of one side, and other designs on the other side. slightly bigger than a dime.
also pulled up a fancy bronze piece, looks to have been a brooch or hat pin with a floral pattern.
another gilt button the same as one i pulled up a month or two ago.
a small flat button ( shank came of in travel home ) ( backmark reads : Plated with an eagle holding arrows ) very cool backmark ...
a thick brass ring not sure what it went to.
possibly another piece of a brass trigger guard.
another round mini lead musket ball.
i fired civil war era minie ball.
and a few other odd pieces.
Break time is over im heading back out for round two ...

[attachment=3792][attachment=3793][attachment=3794][attachment=3795][attachment=3796][attachment=3797][attachment=3798][attachment=3799][attachment=3800][attachment=3801][attachment=3802][attachment=3803][attachment=3804][attachment=3805]
Update :
after peeking at the tiny charm looking thingy, it is not a crossbow at the bottom.
it is a bow and quiver of arrows with a lions head on the top surrounded in a wreath.
(10-20-2014 07:44 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2014 07:30 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Update :
after peeking at the tiny charm looking thingy, it is not a crossbow at the bottom.
it is a bow and quiver of arrows with a lions head on the top surrounded in a wreath.

I don't know... A medal clasp? For archery? I thought they had blackpowder at least? Must be very, very old and probably bronze. Is it magnetic? The soup thickens.....

Ed

it is bronze, and non magnetic .
this is the second bronze medallion type object i have found, and one silver religious pendent in the past four months from this site.
Thank you DR. ..
(10-21-2014 12:56 AM)mike pierson Wrote: [ -> ]very neat old relics i bet there's old coins there also

Thank you MP. you are right about that. been pulling up a few lately from the 1500`s
http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...n-one-hole
strange week diggin,
Round ring appears to be a brass barrel ring, attaches to the end of the wooden stock on a flint lock rifle or pistol .
thank you.
the small round object with the lion and bow, is a 1700`s - 1800`s watch key.
got an email from a friend on it.

BONES .
Reference URL's