Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beach Hunters this is cool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty damn impressive. Don't know if I'd use one, but, it's a neat idea. The takeaway from that, should be to realize just how inexpensive detectors are to actually make. I'd venture to say a $1,000 machine might cost $50 to $100 in hard materials cost to produce. Labor is a pittance, as it's mostly done overseas nowadays. And no, I'm not one of those people who bitch at having to spend $$$ on a quality unit. I surely think the prices can sometimes be a bit steep, however if something works and finds me what I'm looking for, I'll pony up the cash. By far, most of what we pay for is R & D and marketing. Those full page ads, commercials, and salaries paid to engineers are exorbitant. That's mostly what dictates the price of a certain detector. That and demand. Think about this...

What's truly stopping anyone with a brilliant mind, someone like Dankowski or a similar type from just going into their garage and creating small batches of units and selling them? It can be done. That old company Troy operated much like that. Imagine...

If there was indeed a person like I mentioned above, who you can call and dial in your EXACT specifications for a unit and have it custom made for you. For instance, you might want something with a really fast processor, the ability to set the break points on iron, good on high conductors and so forth. The next fella might want something completely different. I think that's where we're heading with the ability of computers, 3-D printers, etc.

Joe
That's really cool.  He's a genius.  Some mass production and marketing and he could have every wannabe beach detectorist swinging shovels around.
Hmmm !!! that is one awkward looking contraption .
most definitely would not work in any of my hunting scenarios .
i could not imagine trying to swing that thing around.
but very interesting and i always enjoy watching someone build there own detectors.
i kinda like someone else doing the thinking, so i can do more detecting .

here is a product that i found interesting and may be useful in searching holes
after the dig or scanning over your dig pile .
it would function in the same manor as a pin pointer but leave your hand open
and usable for fingering through your pile . it could be worn while detecting.

http://www.officersonly.com/Metal-Detect...-P962.aspx

metal detecting glove .

[attachment=3849]
That's a new one! Unlike those dorky MD sandals (that don't work), this glove could be useful if it operated efficiently. Maybe in a pinpoint capacity, for checking in walls, etc. What website is that?

Joe
http://www.officersonly.com/Metal-Detect...-P962.aspx

i was going to build one using one of these
and a medical hand brace .
[attachment=3851]
Those gloves are a great idea but pricey. Maybe after I fund my Gold deposit left behind by a Train bandit running from the law.
cool video, and nice idea maybe we will see him on shark tank trying to get some money and backing .LOL
(10-22-2014 09:53 PM)samrussell Wrote: [ -> ]Those gloves are a great idea but pricey. Maybe after I fund my Gold deposit left behind by a Train bandit running from the law.

They are Too much for my budget.  i don't see that much use for them unless they will penetrate several feet as I normally don't detect on my hands and knees ( or am I missing something?)
I think those gloves are to pat your wife down after you buy a new detector, being sure she don,t stab you when not looking.
Reference URL's