Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nice Photo Op!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although the pic didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, this guy actually stood there about 20 feet away and posed when I quietly said, "Hey, wait, don't move, let me get a pic." I think if I had a corn cob or an apple he would have come over and said hello. Just a four pointer, but I rarely get the opportunity to take a pic.

Ed
LOL !!! that is a great pic. deer was lookin at you like who the hell are you in my woods.
last 4th of july we where BBQing a pig we had just butchered the night before.
my friend got a bucket of sweet corn feed out the back of his truck to use as a seat for his daughter. 5 minutes after he got the feed bucket, this WILD deer came walking out the woods, walked right up to our BBQ . not the smartest deer in the woods.
The exact words coming out of my friends mouth in photo #1 ...
" are you fucking kidding me "
the doe actually allowed my friend to put his arm over its neck , hug it and scratch its underneck like a dog ...
[attachment=3857][attachment=3858][attachment=3859]
Cool pics guys.  We have alot of deer around here too.  I've never got that close to one Bones.  Should call that one Yogi.  Lookin for a pikanic basket.
Cool pics, guys! Ed, it's almost like the deer is looking at you saying, "What in the world is this nutball doing in here swinging that weird looking light saber?", lol.

Bones, yes, that's one dumb deer! Gotta be honest though...

The detectorist in me couldn't stop looking at that yard!!! Looks sweet. You ever detect it?

Joe
Not yet Joe, but i do have permission to hunt the property, it is right on the edge of the St Johns river with quite a bit of good old history around it. i have just been so tied up hunting the spot i am on right now, not sure if i will ever get to it to be honest .

( the open air area through the trees is the river )
Bones, I'm curious. I know the dirt is almost like sand down there. How far do you generally have to dig before hitting the hard pan?

Joe
other than the shell middens about 6 - 8 inches down in many of my sites it is always quite soft. anywhere around here once you get beyond say 2 feet or so, you often hit water or swampy muck. there are deeper spots, but never have hit hard bottom .
That's amazing. It's very interesting (at least, to me, lol) how we all have different soil conditions to contend with. Figuring out the best detector for mineralization in one's area, depth strata's, etc. Like solving a mystery.

Joe
the only thing that usually restricts depth for me is the tree roots.
Here's one that passed me the other day.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's