Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1758 British Volunteer cuff link, gun plate, two thimbles and more.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BRITISH VOLUNTEER cuff link with a colonial soldier holding a rifle on the front . ( any ID help on button greatly appreciated )
also grabbed two semi ornate buttons, one is sort of a hexagonal shaped with a nicely designed edge. the one just below it is a pewter molded button with a star pattern design in the center. and 3 plain flat buttons two identical with backmarks reading ( plated ) with a wreath design on the back. one just plain front and back ...
then pulled up two more large thimbles.
also pulled up the Jaw screw to a flint lock rifle or pistol.
another Escutcheon plate. to a flint lock rifle. i found the same thing two days ago. a smaller fancy gun plate goes on the side of the butt.
a small brass screw pin with a loop on the top.
a few odd pieces of copper and brass. and a broken pewter handle to something .
bottom photos are all the thimbles and buttons from this same site so far. building quite a collection of both.

[attachment=3860][attachment=3861][attachment=3862][attachment=3863][attachment=3864][attachment=3865][attachment=3866][attachment=3867][attachment=3868][attachment=3869][attachment=3870][attachment=3871][attachment=3873]

ID on brass gun Plate . Item # 4 in photo.
Escutcheon plate, brass, resembling that of the British infantry musket (Peterson, type 1 & 2, p. 161) hollow tang on the back with internal screw thread for mounting. A rectangular stamped mark appears on the back and might read "R R". E.R.191A.

[attachment=3874]

ID on second smaller butt plate . ( not exact, but close enough for ID of part )
[attachment=3877]

Think i may do an IRON ONLY day this weekend and see if i can`t pluck a flint lock musket or two out the dirt ...
(10-23-2014 05:26 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]That button is sweet.  The musket parts are awesome too.  It would be interesting to see what kind of iron you can pull out of there.

i pulled an old knife blade up next to the coin the other day, and with all the gun parts in such a small area, i have a feeling some of the iron i am jumping could be some blades or larger gun pieces ... it would be sweet to pull up a few larger musket pieces, however i am quite sure they will be badly rusted out as everything iron here seems to be in pretty bad shape ...
WOWSERS !!! a 1758 cufflink that is awesome, unbelievable job on ID`ing that Ron.
Thank you very much ... Yes
Reference URL's