Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Strange rock with holes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe some native thing.  I don't know.  We just found this in the woods.  Didn't even get detector set up yet.
Wow Will, do they go all the way through? From the one side they look like finger holes. Maybe Fred or Barney lost their bowling ball. Or it could be softer inclusions of rock within the stone were eroded away.

Ed
One hole went all the way through.  Maybe was a bowling alley.  I ended up finding a few rocks with these same round markings.  The big rock that I sat the small one on to take the pic.  Og wanted to flip it and see if anything was under it.  We flipped it and it had them too.  This was the same spot we found all the old broken bottles.
(10-25-2014 07:42 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Will, do they go all the way through? From the one side they look like finger holes. Maybe Fred or Barney lost their bowling ball. Or it could be softer inclusions of rock within the stone were eroded away.

Ed

They say great minds think alike. I was thinking the SAME thing! Strange rock, I'm kinda leaning towards a natural occurance though.

Joe
I'm with Joe, natural occurrence.
no clue what it is but definitely interesting
The bottom pic looks natural, the top one is interesting in that the holes are evenly spaced in a circle, that is intriguing. Think
(10-25-2014 09:12 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2014 07:42 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Will, do they go all the way through? From the one side they look like finger holes. Maybe Fred or Barney lost their bowling ball. Or it could be softer inclusions of rock within the stone were eroded away.

Ed

They say great minds think alike. I was thinking the SAME thing! Strange rock, I'm kinda leaning towards a natural occurance though.

Joe

What he said... I collect rocks with holes in them. I call them my Whole collection.(get it?) Some smaller ones I have on my mantle. One I have by my front door. Here in the Ozarks its a sign of good luck to have it there.
(10-29-2014 02:08 PM)1AgilDog Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Joe

What he said... I collect rocks with holes in them. I call them my Whole collection.(get it?) Some smaller ones I have on my mantle. One I have by my front door. Here in the Ozarks its a sign of good luck to have it there.
You really collect holy rocks?  It's good luck to put them by your door?  Do bullet holes count?  I have a few of them around the door.  Just kidding.  You don't know what might cause the holes huh.
(10-29-2014 05:59 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2014 02:08 PM)1AgilDog Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Joe

You really collect holy rocks?  It's good luck to put them by your door?  Do bullet holes count?  I have a few of them around the door.  Just kidding.  You don't know what might cause the holes huh.

Missouri has a bunch of rocks like yours if you want more. I would guess water drips over time caused the holes.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's