Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1880 florence stove top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this in a vacant lot that had 2 houses in the 1800s. I believe it is brass and was plated in nickel at one time.This is the top piece off of a fancy stove as shown in picture 2.Since I dont collect this type of stuff I am going to sell it on ebay. I bet there is a person out there missing this piece andmight pay good for it. Most stoves like this sell for 1100-2200. Only foud modern coins besides this.
Cool find nalc!! Nice research as well. Good luck with trying to sell it!! I've seen replicas of some of those old stoves in the Amish hardware stores and you're right, they command a pretty penny. And weigh a ton!!!!

Ed
That's a sweet find. If there's one thing I've learned about online marketplaces, it's this...

There's a market for virtually ANYTHING Wink I'm sure you'll find a buyer for the piece. Let us know when it sells Beer

Joe
Neat find!

I'm interested in knowing how much it sells for too Yes

Keep us updated

HH
Cool find .. great shape to ...
What machine are you swinging? Finding something that old there has to be some old coins there too. Maybe real deep or masked by iron. If the area is trashy you might have to clean it up by digging almost all signals without discrimination setting on high. The good stuff is most likely there you might have to work hard to get it.  Good luck & happy hunting.
Sold it on ebay for $30.00.  Not bad for something I do not collect.
will help pay off the 2000. invested in My V3i and 6 coils Ha HA.
Very good.
not surprised though , ive seen all kinds of crap sell on ebay.
Reference URL's