Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I got the combination this time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We got out dirtfishin yesterday.  Went back to 2 spots we hit recently.  First was the woods spot where we found all the old glass.  Not much luck there, but did get the small combination lock dial and old spring from something.  Next we went back down to the slag pit that I had tried the 5900 pro and T2 with no success pulling anything more than shallow trash.  Constant noise from the slag in the ground.  This time I took the TDI.  It unlocked the ground. I started pulling coins out.  Most coins where dated 1960s and looked like they'd been there awhile.  I also got the big safe dial here.  What's the chances of 2 combination dials in 1 day?  Pulled one wheatie.  Woo hoo I'm back in the game.  Right after that I got the ring.  So I would call this hunt a success, because I couldn't pull anything here with the other machines.  A wheatie really made me smile after my hunts have been just junk lately.  

P.S.  WOOOO GONNA GET SOME COLD CUTS TODAY!  Any you guys see the Steeler game?  Big Ben took Andrew Luck to school.  Unbelievable.  I thought our season was over 2 weeks ago.  HH guys.
Very happy to see you're pulling some coins in the toughest places with that TDI. That is strange, two combination dials in one day. Nice work! And that's a pretty big stone in that ring!!

Ed
Steelers game was awesome. Jets game was better, though...NOT!!! Lol. Man, you got it tough there with all that slag, but it appears the TDI is the key. Even better, I'm sure others have the same problem, so, there's probably a lot of coins other hunters couldn't get, that YOU will. And I'm guessing not too deep, either Wink

P.S. - I grew up in Brooklyn. Cold cuts is like a 5 star mean to us! Olive loaf, capicola, prosciutto, turkey breast, mozzarella, mortadella, oh man, you made me hungry you little shit!!! Tongue

Joe
Yeah Joe I don't know what to say about them Jets.  The TDI is great.  I'm not even close to mastering that machine.  Yet I am using it to pull coins where vlf machines fail me.  It's all about the ground conditions.  That's why I wanted one and I am glad I got it.  It's fun to use too.  No screen to make me doubt the sound.

P.S.  you know the cold cuts commercial I was referring to?  Funny commercial
(10-26-2014 09:44 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Very happy to see you're pulling some coins in the toughest places with that TDI. That is strange, two combination dials in one day. Nice work! And that's a pretty big stone in that ring!!

Ed

I'm afraid that big stone is probably just a hunk of glass.  Costume.  Happy Halloween.
Looks like your dialing in on your detecting skill!Chuckle
(10-28-2014 06:15 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your  dialing in on your detecting skill!Chuckle

Thanks Bob.  Now I just need to find more time.  Maybe I need to dig a couple watches.
Nice finds, cool ring.
Reference URL's