Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #44 & some odd stuff!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well finally, after 14 days of no silver coins, I found a bloody Rosie at my last stop for the day. Those blanks are the size of pennies and nickels. They are ground flat both sides and I think someone may have been using them for valve spacers on some versions of motorcycles as I found pieces of a glass jar in and around the same area.
That slug is what I think it is although I don't know what else it could be being found out in the woods at 4 inches. And that ring is a measly 1.1 grams of sterling. I thought it was an aluminum washer of some sort at first. I put todays Rosie next to it to give you a size reference.

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!!

Ed
Nice silver Ed.  That's alot of quarters you got there.  I've never dug that many quarters or even one half for that matter.  What are 3 Canadian pennies doing in Ohio?
(10-26-2014 10:18 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice silver Ed.  That's alot of quarters you got there.  I've never dug that many quarters or even one half for that matter.  What are 3 Canadian pennies doing in Ohio?

Thanks Will! I dig clad quarters all the time. I get all worked up because they sound and VID just like silver. There only competition is the damn memorials which drive me crazy!! One of those quarters was nicked by a mower and probably thrown into the woods where I found it. I kinda like finding Canadian pennies in the woods though. I got no idea how they got there but interesting to say the least. One of those is a 1955. The other two I found side by side about 8 inches from each other. They don't wring up like memorials. Kinda different but nearly the same.

Ed
Two silvers is dang good, Ed. The ring is nice looking. You found another half? That's crazy. I've found 2 in TEN YEARS...one of which was lying on top of the ground. Still a long way to go until the season ends Yes

Joe
Cool digs on the silver Ed Cool

Beer
(10-26-2014 10:38 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Two silvers is dang good, Ed. The ring is nice looking. You found another half? That's crazy. I've found 2 in TEN YEARS...one of which was lying on top of the ground. Still a long way to go until the season ends Yes

Joe

Joe,

That's my third clad half this year. I don't know why I find them but I do search in some pretty strange areas and all kinds of things turn up. I only found 1 of those three in the middle of a soccer field, which tells me they used it as a toss coin. The rest I found where you would never expect to find coins at all. Ya just never know!!!

Ed
nice looking ring man. And nice bunch of change. Gonna have to get a poker game going!
Thanks Ray!! I suck at poker. I push the odds too far and usually end up donating to my kids change jar!! LOL
Way to go , super nice ring !!Yes
Nice finds Ed. that ring is real nice ...
Reference URL's