Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: need an id on my cob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i suspect this was spansh coins since i see some pillars like structure , but it seems like it was a ancient roman coin. one side was corroded

BTW how can i add avatar and add more info about myself, ive been looking but cant find it.
Can't make out the photos too well, but it does appear roman. I can see the columns you're talking about. Did you get it from a dealer, or did you find it?

To change your avatar, simply go into the control panel, which is located on the upper left of the screen. Then, look under "PROFILE". You'll be able to change your avatar and customize your information there.

Joe
I don't think they are pillars  I think it is an M

Similar to:

Justinian follis

BYZANTINE, Justinian I, 527-65 AD, bronze follis, SB-207, bust facing / M, KYZ, year XXIIII, A, couple of minor pits, otherwise nice aXF $63.00 sold 

Codified Roman law, built the Hagia Sophia, reconquered most of the old Roman empire.  Married Theodora, a notorious sex worker who became a notorious religious fanatic.  The "M" is Greek for 40 (nummiae), the value of the coin. 

[Image: byz-sb207-xiiiia.jpg]
(10-28-2014 06:06 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they are pillars  I think it is an M

Similar to:

Justinian follis

BYZANTINE, Justinian I, 527-65 AD, bronze follis, SB-207, bust facing / M, KYZ, year XXIIII, A, couple of minor pits, otherwise nice aXF $63.00 sold 

Codified Roman law, built the Hagia Sophia, reconquered most of the old Roman empire.  Married Theodora, a notorious sex worker who became a notorious religious fanatic.  The "M" is Greek for 40 (nummiae), the value of the coin. 

[Image: byz-sb207-xiiiia.jpg]

Wow, that's a great match, Ron! Lemme tell ya, if I ever bump someone off, you'd be the detective I DON'T want to see!!! Lol.

Me: "I couldn't have killed that guy, I was at a movie from 1 to 3:00"

You: "Are you precise on those times?"

Me: "Even better, 110%"

You: "What flick?"

Me: "Titantic"

You: "Sir, Titanic clocks in at 2.5 hours, plus previews, I'm going to have to place you under arrest"

Joe
LOL  off to jail Joe!!

Titanic!! Happy
Wow Outstanding find...
Book Em..RonO
What a great find Yes
SWEET!!!

And another great ID Ron!
Great ID Ron. and nice find on the coin.
Wow!! Nice find Ethan! Yes And great ID there Ron. I guess we could call Ron our resident coin detective!!

Ed
Reference URL's