Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The Future is Here!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, you know you're getting old when everything on both Star Trek & The Jetsons starts coming to fruition!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYb68qXpD0

Joe
They finally made a flying car.
Truly amazing. I think my grandparents would think they were seeing a mirage, if they were still with us.

The car is the easy part, IMO. Where does it go from here, is the next question? Think about this...

It would take YEARS until they could build them in mass production, where the prices would then fall, allowing for sizeable public consumption. Until then, simply a rich guy's toy. Furthermore...

Even if they WERE affordable, did you notice the billion controls in the interior? It IS a plane, after all. So, that means we'd have to get a pilots license aside from a drivers license. I know some people that can barely drive! Also, the biggest problem as I see it, roads have lanes, rules & safety controls. Someone would have to implement an entire infrastructure for this in the airspace. That would be a MASSIVE undertaking. You can't just have thousands of these things whizzing around in the sky. There needs to be some type of radar/GPS enabled system, similar to what a real plane uses. All of this is vastly complicated, which brings us full circle back to the beginning question...

Is this something feasible that can be put into use for the masses? I think so, but it'll probably be a good 20 or 30 years out before we get there. And by that time, I'll need a walker instead of a flying car, lol.

Joe
It won't happen in our lifetime.  Think about laws.  How would the man pull over a flying car?
I see a Bond movie in its' future! And was that Jay Leno at the controls???

Ed
Reference URL's