Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 36 degrees & snow mixed w/rain today = BS!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOT looking forward to THIS crap again

seems like it just came to an end and now it's starting all over again No

I want a GOOD fall and an "extended" hunting season for once - not the BS of last winter where it came Nov 1st and didn't leave til June!
I know man.  It's 40s raining here today.  Supposed to turn to snow overnight.
That really sucks !!  I will quit bitching about my 50 degree  rain.  At least it doesn't turn to snow!!

Hope it clears out for you and you get a few more weeks of hunting!
Wayne, 40's here today and the rain didn't start until around 3pm. I was out in it until 5pm. They are saying it's going to be a warmer than normal Winter but that means more snow. So I guess I'll be packing a snow shovel if the ground ain't frozen solid like it was last year. I feel for you Michigan!

Ed
No way could I live there...I hate snow/cold/winter. Good luck bro,dont get cabin fever!
I can't STAND heat & humidity. I'm a sweater. I'm the type who opens the windows in winter, though I do hate the snow. So, since I complained all summer about the heat, I have no right to complain now, lol.

Joe
The thing is

here in MI in the past decade  and beyond - I've been able to hunt pretty much right up until around Christmas time as a "norm"

but

for the past 2 or 3 yrs now (including this one it's so seeming)

it's been getting extremely cold, and snow has been coming about a month early compared to the past decade or more

that's what's pissing me off

normally I am out hunting the entire month of Nov in just a hoody (pullover for those who are unfamiliar!) and maybe now & then there's a day too cold but also - normally I can hunt right up until around Dec 25 until the snow and true cold sets in (below freezing) --

the past 2 yrs or so has been much different though -- we've already had temps in the upper 20s over night for the past week and it's only Oct??

F_ck this BS!
(10-31-2014 08:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't STAND heat & humidity. I'm a sweater. I'm the type who opens the windows in winter, though I do hate the snow. So, since I complained all summer about the heat, I have no right to complain now, lol.

Joe

I couldn't complain about the heat this year.  After last winter I wanted to slap people that started talking about being hot.  I don't mind cold.  I've lived here all my life, but last winter was just ridiculous.  I hope it's not the same this year.  I like being outside.
(10-31-2014 10:48 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2014 08:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't STAND heat & humidity. I'm a sweater. I'm the type who opens the windows in winter, though I do hate the snow. So, since I complained all summer about the heat, I have no right to complain now, lol.

Joe

I couldn't complain about the heat this year.  After last winter I wanted to slap people that started talking about being hot.  I don't mind cold.  I've lived here all my life, but last winter was just ridiculous.  I hope it's not the same this year.  I like being outside.

Yes, but cold is easily remedied. Simply layer up and head outdoors. Warm as a biscuit Wink Heat on the other hand, you can only do so much. Whatcha gonna do, detect in the nude? Even then it wouldn't matter. That's why I prefer the cold. As Michigan said, if it's not a brutal winter (like last year) I can hunt up until the middle or end of December. I can even pop out in January or February when we get those semi rare mid/upper 40's days, too. But that 90, 95 degree shit with scorching humidity? You can stick it you know where!

Joe
Yeah last winter sucked.  I detected alot the winter before.  As for summer.  I can deal with it.  I'm a sweater too.  I swear my eyelids sweat.  I just try to stay in the shade and have lots of water.
Reference URL's