Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Relics, Lead, and Rock Finds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a couple of strange finds I thought I'd post that I've found over the course of the fall here.

Lead looks like it was used as a drill plate (found on 1920s house site)

Found the shoe makers thing for stretching leather/forming shoes (little girls from the looks of it) on an 1860s site

Strange looking round rock - don't know if it was used for anything but seems too "perfect" to be naturally formed - found in farm field of an 1850s cabin site

Beer

[Image: relics001_zps3fe1723e.jpg]

[Image: relics002_zpsff5e3559.jpg]

[Image: relics004_zps57739960.jpg]

[Image: relics003_zps7cba0e24.jpg]

[Image: relics005_zpsb14e168c.jpg]
Cool stuff.  I like the foot piece.
When you find strange stuff you don't kid around. I have no idea why someone would use a lead plate as a drill board when wood is all over the place. So that's a new one on me. That shoe platten is interesting. Maybe one of the people in the house was a shoemaker? Neat round rock!! Could still be glacier related. Get a load of this rock I found in a farm field three years ago. I cut it in half to see if it was the same throughout. Nobody can identify it.
That's a cool rock too Ed

looks almost like fossil type rock or something of the sort

Yes Beer
Ed & Wayne, those are the STRANGEST rocks I've ever seen. Truly a first. I'd highly suggest going to a rock forum and posting them, guys. I'd love to know if those are rare, or are fairly common. That's crazy.

Joe
Gotta love rocks...Maybe the lead was softer to hit a tack in with against the leather?
The shoe mold is cool.
Here are some of the rocks I collect that I was telling PittsburgWill about in the What is it forum.
All have holes in them.
HH
Cool finds. weird looking rock ....
Reference URL's