Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Need info on coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes one heck of a rush ,so much fun because you never know what you next target will be. Maybe better luck next time. I'll just keep it with my other finds to show people the kind of things I find.
It's a federal crime (felony) to knowingly sell counterfeit coins while withholding that info from any/all prospective buyers

you can be put away in a fed prison for 10 yrs for doing such

be careful when selling counterfeits (always state that you know it's counterfeit)

It is very plain to see yours is a fake

the 1st thing that gives it away is the "edges"

It's an old Chinese counterfeit - I recognize the type from being a full time coin dealer of over 10 yrs until recent but (35 yrs total collecting/buying/selling) with training in spotting fakes

cool find though and personally I'd just keep it if it were me Beer
Good eye Ron!

Still a very cool find, keep looking and you will find the real deal.Beer
MichiganRelicHunter  When you say old Chinese counterfeit how old do you think it might be? I know there is no way to get exact date.
(11-02-2014 12:16 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]MichiganRelicHunter  When you say old Chinese counterfeit how old do you think it might be? I know there is no way to get exact date.

somewhere close to that time period
So you're saying that it could be around 150 years old or so. Wow it might be even more rare than the real coin then. Thanks for the info.
Rarity and value are two different things though.

Yes there are probably less counterfeits vs the real deal but the real deal is more valuable (monetarily) vs the counterfeit.  Most coin collectors will not add a counterfeit to their collection as one bad apple may ruin the whole bunch.  But I am sure there are people that collect counterfeit coins as a separate collection all together.  I would say you may be able to get $50-100 or so for a nice counterfeit.  

But for me.  Why sell it?  It is much better in YOUR collection!

Personally, I would love to find either one!!
I'm not going to sell it. The rarity of this makes it worth more to me as the find of a lifetime. Thanks
Odd ... nice find ...
You calling me odd,or the find? Either way you may be right. LOL
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's