Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Need info on coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: th_EE0C2EBA_zps5dcbd175.jpg][Image: th_8432EFBC_zps3a717886.jpg]
Found on a lot that was an farm field What is approximate value?
Good info, Will Yes Redd, that coin will go a long way towards paying your detector off! SUPER!!!

Joe
will is right on. Super find!Yes
I guess now to find a buyer. Any offers? Would love to get that V3I I've been drooling over.LOL
Biggredd, whatever you do, don't clean it.

Here's another link but it doesn't list the 1861 plain.

http://www.coinstudy.com/seated-liberty-...alues.html

I would say you have a very valuable coin.

Good luck with selling it. You'll have to take some very good pictures of it and I would think have it graded by a grading company two of which are PCGS or NGC. If you have it graded and certified you can get a lot more for it.

Check in with this site also. These guys are professional numismatists.

https://www.cointalk.com/

You can post it there and they will give you professional info as to what to do and where to go from here.

Thanks for the link Will!!!

Ed
Thanks for the info I will check out the links and hope for the best.
Personally I think that coin is a counterfeit.  

First it did not look right to me.

The Shield and the edges don't look right. Almost looked like it was plated. And then upon inspection of the back, the 1861 should not have the ribbon and motto.

I am pretty sure it is a counterfeit 1861 coin.

Not trying to rain on your parade but you wanted to know about your coin!! Happy

Please look into it for yourself for confirmation.

It should weigh  26.73 grams if it is actual silver.  I am hoping it is at least 90% silver.

Still a neat piece just probably not worth what you were hoping.

[Image: 1861_rev.jpg]

[Image: 1861.jpg]
Looks like you are right . Is there any value as a counterfeit?  It definitely looks old. The weight is off too, so only ??? remain. Still a cool find.
There is value in everything to the right person.

If it silver it has silver value.

Just got to find a buyer who is into counterfeit coins.  Ebay is probably your best bet but don't expect anything near the value you thought it was a hour ago. Happy

Also please note in the description that it is a counterfeit.

Personally I would keep it as it is a great find and regardless of value, it probably got your heart racing when you found it and nothing can take that away!!  Real or fake, the excitement of finding it was the same!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's