Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Indian Heads and a decent ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I would post some recent finds.

Been detecting for 45 years and had never found an Indian Head until this year. The pics here are numbers two, three, and four found in a lifetime of digging, all within the past few months. Oh, and there's a banged up Eagle Button in the pic with number two.

And the ring shown is probably the best one I've ever found. Sterling silver and 14K signet ring from the B.A. Ballou Company. Pretty old, it seems.

Still loving this hobby! Probably always will.

Happy hunting everyone! Good luck to you all!

[attachment=3992][attachment=3993][attachment=3994][attachment=3995]
Way to go on your first Indian Head :yes:You now can cross that off your bucket list!
Nice indian & button! Congrats on crossing some 'wish list' items off your checklist, too Yes I swung an Omega for a while, GREAT machine! Man, thinking back now, that thing was LIGHT AS A FEATHER!!! Btw, how do you like the Piranha digger?

P.S. - Didn't see the ring...

Joe
(11-01-2014 11:05 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice indian & button! Congrats on crossing some 'wish list' items off your checklist, too Yes I swung an Omega for a while, GREAT machine! Man, thinking back now, that thing was LIGHT AS A FEATHER!!! Btw, how do you like the Piranha digger?

P.S. - Didn't see the ring...

Joe

Doh! Ring has been added.

I really like the Teknetics machines. You're right, the Omega is light and well balanced.

Really liking the Piranha too. Got to have something substantial to get into the red Georgia clay.
I found my first and only  IH penny last year it was a 1891 showed it to the land owner (a doctor friend ) he offered me $50 dollars for it,so I just gave it to him he put it in a frame because it was the oldest thing found on his farm. So I'm still looking for one to call my own.
Nice finds BigDawg!! I never thought I would ever find an IH either and congratulations! All three finds are AWESOME! That ring is a real keeper! YesBeer

Ed
Great finds.  I remember my first Indian.  It was an 1889 I dug in my backyard with a Tesoro Lobo Supertraq.  That was one to remember.
Really nice catch on the Injun .
Reference URL's