Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello everyone from Brad.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. 
    My name is Brad and I have lived 10 years now in a little town called much wenlock in Shropshire. I got into metal detecting in February this year when my wife got me a garret 250 for my 38th birthday. (After a lot of hint dropping) I have took it out whenever I can but this is about an hour or so every 2 weeks.
     I have an allotment which seems to be where I keep finding stuff . It has only been 
Allotments for four years and previously was a council field with horses on it.
 I noticed when ploughing it a lot of Brocken clay pipes so thought it was worth a try.
  I have found 2 silver sixpences,2 ha.pennys, 1 old penny and a token of which I 
Can't find any info on.  Also several buttons.
   I have looked around on other sites in the area but not found anything of significance. I have found a total of about 30 pound in new money on a local camping site, on holiday in dawlish warren last week I found a old button from a military uniform which I gave the owner. (This had a coat of arms on the front and writing on the back).      Anyway this is just to give you a quick idea of where I am and what I have found. 
   I will post any good finds , I am also interested in finding out what the token is, it is very thin and a bit smaller than a sixpence. Copper or brass.
             Kind regards Brad.
I've always loved that name, Shropshire. Welcome!!! I know you'll love it here, but we're going to love having you, too, as those finds you guys make are INCREDIBLY OLD Yes Just so you know...

Any new member from the UK must split the proceeds of any found cache from your side of the pond, with all of our forum friends, lol Tongue Chuckle Rofl

Joe
Brad,

Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio!! We really would like to see what you find over there as the age of your finds can sometimes be phenomenal and we have nothing that old here. Happy Hunting!!

Ed
Welcome to the forum from the new land.
Hi thanks for your replays,I am gonna try and post some photos taken of this token I found, first try at something so technical so bear with me.
[attachment=3998][attachment=3998][attachment=4000][attachment=4000][attachment=3999]

[attachment=4002]Sorry only one side there, will try to get the other side .
[attachment=4001][attachment=4002]

This is very small and thin but gave a great chime of a signal when I found it. With it being one of them you keep halving the sod and checking which half till you only have a tiny bit of soil in your hand.     About 12 mm x 1 mm thick if that!  I have also found 2 musket balls on this site too. I seem to find more every time I rotavate or plough it.
Welcome to the forum Brad.
Nice coin, Brad! What kind of machine are you swinging?

Joe
It's the garret ace 250 I'm using. I'm getting on well with it.obviosly there are better on the market but at a much higher price. Tongue
(11-02-2014 01:08 PM)Madmechanic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi thanks for your replays,I am gonna try and post some photos taken of this token I found, first try at something so technical so bear with me.

Sorry only one side there, will try to get the other side .

This is very small and thin but gave a great chime of a signal when I found it. With it being one of them you keep halving the sod and checking which half till you only have a tiny bit of soil in your hand.     About 12 mm x 1 mm thick if that!  I have also found 2 musket balls on this site too. I seem to find more every time I rotavate or plough it.

there appears to be a number on the token either 1991 or 991 ( at the bottom of the pic) and letters at the left side in caps j t o.  that should narrow the search down .  interesting token to say the least.

welcome to the forum from Durham Ontario Canada.  Glad that you joined us.
This may sound daft but what is the best way to go about finding more information on this? 
   Many thanks brad.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's