Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AKA Russian detectors anyone use one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Curious if anyone has used any of the aka detector models and what you're thoughts are in hear kellyco will be carrying the machines starting feb15
I don't know anyone that's used one personally, just people on the forums. From all I've seen & heard, just like any other brand/model, it's a mixed bucket. Some love'm & some hate'm. Always hard to judge these things though, as there are a LOT of variables involved; affinity towards tones, love of certain designs/ergonomics, what kind of dirt one has, what type of hunting you do, etc., etc., etc. I'm a Minelab guy. For no other reason since that's the brand that finds me the most. Period. Yet, I know guys that hate ML. They might be Fisher fans, or Whites' lovers. All that said, I have seen some impressive videos of the AKA on YouTube.

Joe
Thank you Sir. For the reply I have seen the signum7272m on YouTube. I kinda like the idea of mixed mode audio. The sounds are interesting. I have had many Minelab machines the one I miss most the musketeers x or green box machine with the coin search coil.   Also liked the explorer II.   Currently run the etrac it works up here in the adirondacks. Also like the spectra vx3.  Wish I never gave up my f75camo ltd. Now thinking about the signum.  Would love to try one.  Guess you can't get them in the US.  But I have in the past seen a fellow in Maine do youtube reviews on the sorex and signum but they are gone from YouTube.   At this time. OK HH tdd
No problems getting an AKA shipped from overseas.
I have the Berkut 5. popular one  is the Sorex Pro.,  Signum is a bit more for advanced users.
Scott Hughy took his videos down, there's still others up on the web.
Gary's UK forum has a very active AKA sub-forum.
I have a Sorex Pro. Not proficient enough on it though to give a proper assessment/review of it. I have only used it for a couple of hours. From what little experience I have so far; It is very fast, sensitive and I like the tones. I have more detectors than time to learn any one of them thoroughly. It's part of my addiction.
(11-06-2014 06:21 PM)devilpookie Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Sorex Pro. Not proficient enough on it though to give a proper assessment/review of it. I have only used it for a couple of hours. From what little experience I have so far; It is very fast, sensitive and I like the tones. I have more detectors than time to learn any one of them thoroughly. It's part of my addiction.

How many detectors do you have?

Joe
(11-06-2014 06:21 PM)devilpookie Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Sorex Pro. Not proficient enough on it though to give a proper assessment/review of it. I have only used it for a couple of hours. From what little experience I have so far; It is very fast, sensitive and I like the tones. I have more detectors than time to learn any one of them thoroughly. It's part of my addiction.

Yup the Sorex is pretty fast, deep and deadly once you learn the ins and outs.
It's the model suggested for the first timer.

I have the Berkut, a bit slower in response time, still fast compared to many detectors out there. Fares a bit better in areas with less trash, targets. Just as sensitive as the Sorex and almost as deep. Operates different than the Sorex and Sig, menu and sub menu system might be a problem for some as there are so many parameters of operation you can adjust. Once you know where they are and what they do, its easy. Has superb features the Sorex and Sig do not have, just as the Sorex and Sig have features the Berkut doesn't. The Berkut is a pleasant machine to use with nice sounding tones if you want a relaxing hunt.
With the 14 khz coil it loves gold.

As mentioned above, you can order an AKA from overseas without any problems. Igor has fast service and good prices, shipping included in pricing.
garytopman@yandex.ru

All the AKA units are of high quality, not like the cheap China builds.

Gary's Forum: http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/forum/in...f5b4bc9fd;

AKA Reviews

If you want to try a detector different from the usual barrage of machines, try an AKA.
(11-06-2014 09:17 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]

Yup the Sorex is pretty fast, deep and deadly once you learn the ins and outs.
It's the model suggested for the first timer.

I have the Berkut, a bit slower in response time, still fast compared to many detectors out there. Fares a bit better in areas with less trash, targets. Just as sensitive as the Sorex and almost as deep. Operates different than the Sorex and Sig, menu and sub menu system might be a problem for some as there are so many parameters of operation you can adjust. Once you know where they are and what they do, its easy. Has superb features the Sorex and Sig do not have, just as the Sorex and Sig have features the Berkut doesn't. The Berkut is a pleasant machine to use with nice sounding tones if you want a relaxing hunt.
With the 14 khz coil it loves gold.

As mentioned above, you can order an AKA from overseas without any problems. Igor has fast service and good prices, shipping included in pricing.
garytopman@yandex.ru

All the AKA units are of high quality, not like the cheap China builds.

Gary's Forum: http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/forum/in...f5b4bc9fd;

AKA Reviews

If you want to try a detector different from the usual barrage of machines, try an AKA.

Thanks for the links Sven! Lot's of reading to do. I hope these Russian machines take hold here in the states. Although there are many good machines out there, we can't have too many to choose from IMO.

Ed
(11-06-2014 07:12 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

How many detectors do you have?

Joe
Not counting the ones I have for sale, i usually average about 15 or so. 

And as Sven mentioned, the build quality is very good. Nothing cheap or hokey feeling like the Deeptechs. AKA is also actively developing a simultaneous dual freq as well that looks extremely interesting.
OK thanks for all the replies Sven thanks for the links. Ps my friend bobby c. Loves his mirage!    OK so I did a search on Google didn't find the garytopman fellow found a dist in Bulgaria Mikronbg.   Says he can get me a signum with choice of coils to my door in 8-10 days.  Think I'm gonna give the signum a try.  Got a friend that wants the etrac.  Gonna think on it for a couple days. Glad I posted here links and info were very helpful hh tdd
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's