Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: help date a tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: th_2940F54A_zps5365d469.jpg]
I know this is from a Hire's root beer company, it may have came off a syrup dispenser shaped like a small wooden keg,but could use help dating it.I looked up all the info on hire's I could find nothing to run the tag number.
It says "LOANED BY" on it, along with a production #, so I'd say it was affixed to a syrup machine, mixer, or soda dispenser, which the company leased to store owners. Here's a photo of one that was attached to a mini barrel...

Joe
NjNyDigger Thanks I made that connection, what I'm looking for is a date. I know that the late 1800's is when Hire's started, I am hoping that someone may be able to give some info as to when this was made via tag # or just an approximate time period at least. I know soda fountains were still operating up to the 1950's or so. I am thinking that with the # being in the 15000 range that it may be rather early, but have nothing to base that on.I'm thinking maybe 1900-1910 or so.
Reference URL's