Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Soup Spoon, Wheats & Stuff!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been at it the last three days in the afternoons taking advantage of the gorgeous weather. Scoped out a few spots I didn't detect to just check em out and get a plan going. Other than that been an uneventful hunting experience except for this spoon today which was a real surprise along with three Wheats from the same area. And the chromed 1941 Wheat which I guess was a leftover from HS experiments in science class back in the day. Surprised me as I thought it might have been a steel penny but reading the info on steel pennies, none would have made it this far in the ground because of the way they were made. Anyway, I dug a whole five gallon pail of real interesting and useless junk, but I had a real good time doing it and learned some things about the history of the areas I search, which are woods mostly this time of year. Also met a couple of guys who asked questions about the hobby and gave them my card and told them to look us up and join. I did dig a really strange brass thing which I forgot to bring in from the truck. It looks like a part from a rifle. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow and post it. Maybe one of you guys out there can give me a reference I can work with.

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!!

Ed
Nice finds, the spoon looks very ornate.Thanks for sharing.
Cool digs Ed Yes

Beer
Love the spoon!  It's in great shape for a plated piece. They don't come out looking like that up here!
Great finds . That spoon would made a nice ring !
Sweet finds Ed , love the old spoon ...
Reference URL's