Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you prefer modulated audio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I try to hit this venue a couple of times a year

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/event-info/.../gallery-4

Scored a 5 gram gold ring and size 12 silver/turquoise/jade ring recently---sweeping is all it is and no use for modulation here. Most areas here , there's not a big concern about depth as the caliche under the "top soil"(and I use the term loosely) is like concrete. If it's deep , it was dropped by Coronado or Cortez 500 years ago Happy
There are probably less than 10 "park" areas within 300 miles of here that predate silver coinage and when people start running their mouths off about finding multiple flying eagles and indianheads at a foot deep , you know they're full of crap or detecting at the coin shop. I had some property in the mountains west of here at about 8000' that had an old can dump and corral on it that went back 100 years to the logging days there. Before I sold the property I dug a couple of teen Wheaties there one day--virgin ground , no traffic but elk and coyotes , snow/ice sub freezing temps from November through April ,---3" deep!!

Location , location , location.....................................
Modulation is more than just how loud a target sounds at "X" depth

it's about HOW it sounds too

whether it sounds hollow or solid 

whether it's round sounding or not

and so forth

basically a harmonic change from one key or tonality to another with a duration factor involved that your ear can pick up on once you become one with your machine (so to speak) Wink

so yes - I too am a full-blown modulated audio detector fan and wouldn't be without one (or more) - in fact - I currently don't own any machines that don't have modulated audio, and tend to stay away from them.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's