Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver Prices???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have any opinions on this?

http://charts.kitco.com/KitcoCharts/inde...gn=iCharts

I say before the end of the year it falls to $12.00/oz.

Ed
It's definitely on a downward slope ,but so is gold the last I looked.
As silver and gold prices fall (and stabilize)

the U.S. dollar becomes stronger (worth more) which in turn gives us more purchasing power -- also -- the world (other countries) perceive that america is doing good when our dollar is strong/er so they tend to "lend" to us (extend credit) more freely at a less higher interest rate

it's a "good thing" to see the metals market on a downward trend and not the other way around
(11-07-2014 08:19 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]As silver and gold prices fall (and stabilize)

the U.S. dollar becomes stronger (worth more) which in turn gives us more purchasing power -- also -- the world (other countries) perceive that america is doing good when our dollar is strong/er so they tend to "lend" to us (extend credit) more freely at a less higher interest rate

it's a "good thing" to see the metals market on a downward trend and not the other way around

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly, as this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be, yet...

There's a lot of manipulation going on. The economy is doing a wee but better now, however, let's face it, we've basically been in the shitter since 2008. Precious metals should've soared through the roof! That they didn't is a tell Wink Sure...

Gold went up to north of $1,900 an ounce a couple years back, but since we were more or less on the verge of extinction due to the economic fallout, $1,900 was a pittance. Should've been $6,000 or $7,000 an ounce.

To recap, I agree 100% with your viewpoint, Wayne, but, we're not dealing with a legit playing field, so I'm not sure if it still holds weight.

Joe
The world sees the US as crawling out of the shitter. But the BLS and others in the government have manipulated the statistics to make everything "Fit" so that the US LOOKS like it's doing a wonderful job. Reality is not so. If Yellen, for example, raised the rate a smidgen and increased the QE, (she'd be traitorous to the administration if she did) the government couldn't press "enter" fast enough to pay the interest on the debt, which as it is, they can't pay now. So basically this is a confidence game. In a world of smoke and mirrors (altered statistics) reality for the common man is looking bleaker as the fat cats pile it up in their hovels. It's great that we have cheap gas because the dollar is flourishing and the US is now a bigger supplier of oil than OPEC, but there is such a thing as deflation. Food prices are out the roof as well as medical and prescription costs. Right now we are at an apex where the two edged sword of either deflation or inflation has the ability on both sides to cut off our head, so to speak.
The next 2 years before the 2016 election are going to be interesting. Either way, don't get caught in the landslide folks. How not to is really the problem.

Ed
Now is the time to keep an eye on the prices of gold/silver, so you can buy with the clad coins you have been finding .
Let's call a spade a spade, there's ALWAYS been market manipulation, and there always WILL be. Kinda like owning a cash business, there's a LOT of room for 'expenditures'. Unless one is naive, in denial or part of the problem (remember Casablanca? "I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find there's gambling going on in here!), there's simply no way to say what's happening isn't being forced. And much more than it has always been.

China owns all our debt, we supposedly have tons of physical gold nobody can seem to find or grant access to, the national deficit is so large that's is almost incomprehensible, our education system (once the best in the world) now lags behind China, Japan, and other nations, we're starting to get involved yet again in ground fights in third-world countries, all of our once solid, good paying, middle class jobs are being lost to cheap overseas labor, yadda, yadda, yadda. What does all of this have to do with the economy, you ask?

Confidence. Currency is simply paper & metal. The thing that makes it valuable is confidence & morale. Yet, is the educated, working class guy truly confident with all that's going on? No, he/she knows it's all a shell game. The MAJORITY of the U.S. is hurting. The little guy. Precious metals should be astronomically high right now, given everything that's going on. Yet, they're flat. How in high holy hell can that be possible?! In closing, let me ask you this???

If you had two million dollars in the bank, yet owed creditors ten million, would you consider yourself wealthy or well off? Basic grade school math would say no. And this is the same exact situation we are currently in. That deficit clock here in NYC is real. It's such a big fucking number we can't even conceptualize it, but it's more authentic than the sun. Sooo...

Let's print more money!!! Hooray!!! Let's raise taxes and drive the little guy out of business!!! Rah-Rah!!!

No, I'm not one of those doom & gloom guys, or a conspiracy nut. I just look at how things REALLY are, versus how they're designed to appear Yes

Joe
Looks to be recovering some lately.
Now is the time to buy, buy, buy ...
Apmex has 100 oz J&M bricks for just over 1700.00
http://www.apmex.com/product/35629/100-o...on-matthey
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's