Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1779 silver 2 Real Carolus III - few other odd finds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found a 1779 silver 2 real Carolus III, different variety from the last two i found.
this one features the head on the front, F.F. assayer - Mexico City .
forth coin down on this page. last two found where the top coin on the same page.
http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinT...led.3.html

also pulled up a second one of those odd bronze charms, this one unbroken and complete. talking to a few others, from what we can tell its a variation to the Figa, Higa or mano fico . which is the clenched fist, a symbol of good fortune and used to keep the evil eye away. we are still un able to figure out why it also has the 5 pennyweight apothecary symbol on it as well, and what connection the apothecary has to the charms, as the pennyweight also features a symbol of the clenched fist stamped into it. but there are now two of them whatever they are ....
http://www.fountainofyouthflorida.com/figa.html
a very tiny boot spur, looks to be for a child or someone very tiny.
what appears to be another small sword or knife pommel.

[attachment=4043][attachment=4044][attachment=4045] [attachment=4059][attachment=4060]
Thanks guys, all these car and motorcycle accidents have been catching up with me.
been resting the BONES a bit. had to pop in and take a peek at everything, everyone has been posting some sweet finds, glad everyone is getting out and digging up some goodies.
(11-08-2014 10:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I just saw this. You got another real?! Sheeeet, that freakin amazing. If I were you, I wouldn't tell a SOUL about that spot, or what you're finding there Wink That is in GORGEOUS condition Yes

Joe

you know my lips are sealed
(11-08-2014 11:04 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes BONES. That 8x6 SEF is a killer coil. I love it on mine when I use it. I'm about 50/50 on finds between that and the 11" Pro coil. You'll see. Less noise to the sides of the coil as well with higher sensitivities. And better pinpointing. Let us know how it works!

Ed

thank you Ed, there was so many choices, i watched a ton of videos and
decided on the 8x6 SEF.
how do you feel the 5` FBS concentric would do, does the SEF use the full
abilities of the FBS on the Minelab.
and does it matter, am i loosing anything not using the FBS coil ..
thanks for any input ....

BONES ...
Thank you Ed .
can`t wait to give it a test run. going straight to the iron mine to see what it can do.
Reference URL's