Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #52 & 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got out mid afternoon and started doing some areas I scoped out last week. Hit the 1902 Barber dime first then an hour later at another spot down the road hit the 43 Merc. I can understand how somebody missed the Merc as I could have used a brush hog to get to it, but how anybody missed the Barber is way beyond me. I must be doing areas that no one has really thoroughly searched. Oh well.. such is life! .....and a pile of memorials not in the pics!!

And I got my Leusch digger today courtesy of the coins I cashed in from Treasure Classifieds!! Thank You Joe!!

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!

Ed
I'm green with envy. I've been to busy with honey do's to get out at all lately. I haven't found any barbers detecting yet. I found one dime 1911 under a linoleum in a old house I helped remodel back around 1990. That was way before I even considered detecting. Looks like your having a silver year. Good luck may the rest of the year be even better to you.
Sweet catch on the Barber and Merc. two very nice finds.
Slow down, you're making me look bad!!! Tongue Nice shiny, Ed Yes All in the woods, I take it?

Joe
(11-08-2014 08:44 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Slow down, you're making me look bad!!! Tongue Nice shiny, Ed Yes All in the woods, I take it?

Joe

Joe,

Yep! In da woods!!! It amazes me what's in the woods if you take the time and trouble to go search. Imagine having yourself so entangled in tree branches and raspberry vines that you have to shut your detector off because you can't move the coil far enough away to use your pinpointer. Sometimes I feel like the tinman in the wizard of oz. "Oirl, Oirl!!!"............ Or worrying that you're going to poke out an eye if your not paying attention to the branches and limbs sliding by your head and neck. I can't count the number of times a tree branch has ripped off my headphones.Them kinda woods!!!

Ed
Happy sounds like home to me ... all my best finds are made in the woods.
excellent work Ed.
(11-08-2014 09:00 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2014 08:44 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Slow down, you're making me look bad!!! Tongue Nice shiny, Ed Yes All in the woods, I take it?

Joe

Joe,

Yep! In da woods!!! It amazes me what's in the woods if you take the time and trouble to go search. Imagine having yourself so entangled in tree branches and raspberry vines that you have to shut your detector off because you can't move the coil far enough away to use your pinpointer. Sometimes I feel like the tinman in the wizard of oz. "Oirl, Oirl!!!"............ Or worrying that you're going to poke out an eye if your not paying attention to the branches and limbs sliding by your head and neck. I can't count the number of times a tree branch has ripped off my headphones.Them kinda woods!!!

Ed

Wait until you're privileged enough to join the 'Smacked in the face with a thorny branch' club! Ouch!!! Summonabeech!!! Remind me to tell you about the time I stumbled into a squatters village way out in the woods, and happened upon the smelliest man on earth, who somehow rigged up electric (generator?) and was watching Judge fucking Judy on a television set!!! The most bizarre thing I've ever witnessed.

Joe
Great finds Ed.  Those kind of woods make my back hurt.
(11-08-2014 09:22 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2014 09:00 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Joe,

Ed

Wait until you're privileged enough to join the 'Smacked in the face with a thorny branch' club! Ouch!!! Summonabeech!!! Remind me to tell you about the time I stumbled into a squatters village way out in the woods, and happened upon the smelliest man on earth, who somehow rigged up electric (generator?) and was watching Judge fucking Judy on a television set!!! The most bizarre thing I've ever witnessed.

Joe
Joe,

Ha! That must've been an experience!! You trespasser you!!

All the scratches on my legs have healed now and because I'm dressed in long johns and my flannel lined winter jeans I don't have to worry about the thorns too much until one pokes me in the ass and reminds me to pay attention when I squat down with the pinpointer to search the surface.

Ed
Way to go Ed. Your on a roll with silver latelyYes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's