Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: An Indian knife key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me and Og went and saw the Veterans day parade this morning.  Hit McDonalds then got a couple hours detecting in.  Went back to the slate tile roof anchor spot.  I got a 1901 Indian head.  It's been a while since I got an Indian.  It's the only coin today.  I also got an old GM car key.  Bones do you know how old that key is?  And an old pocket knife with a little shield looking insignia on the side.  The Indian made my day.  I remember my first real old coin dug was a 1901 V nickel.  Now I have an Injun from the same year to go with it.
Congrats on the IH looks like a good spot lots of cool relics.
No IDea on the key, but that injun and knife are real cool.
a guess on the key would be somewhere between the 30`s - 80`s
a match is here, 48 - 57 GM ignition key ...
https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/763..._Keys.html
http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public...r-keys.cfm
i can still order the same key blanks so there is no way to tell if it in fact an original from that time
period, or just a later purchased key blank ...
The key blank I found like yours is for 1935-1966 hope this helps.
(11-08-2014 09:26 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]No IDea on the key,  but that injun and knife are real cool.
a guess on the key would be somewhere between the 40`s - 60`s
a match is here, 48 - 57 GM ignition key ...
https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/763..._Keys.html
later blanks had the section below the hole cut out as well ...

Hey thanks Bones.  I wish I had the old Chevy that went with the key.
We both got Indians today, Will!!! Sounds like you and Og had fun!

Similar to an Indian Knife Key, here's a Polish Nail Clipper...
Congrats on the 01 IH!!! Yes I wish I could find more of them but I still pull memorials and wheats. Sounds like you two guys had a great time out there. That's what it's really about. I would've guessed 50's to early 60's on the key and you're spot on about owning the car that went with it. Nice hunt Will & Og!!!

Ed
(11-08-2014 09:26 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the IH looks like a good spot lots of cool relics.

Yeah this is an old site.  It's been cherry picked to death, but still loaded with targets.

(11-08-2014 09:39 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]We both got Indians today, Will!!! Sounds like you and Og had fun!

Similar to an Indian Knife Key, here's a Polish Nail Clipper...

Cool.  They have those on ebay?
LMAO !!! polish toe nail clipper, too funny.
hey PW, got a 97 30th anniversary edition camaro for sale ... Happy
it even comes with a nice shiny key ....
[attachment=4079]
(11-08-2014 09:41 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the 01 IH!!! Yes I wish I could find more of them but I still pull memorials and wheats. Sounds like you two guys had a great time out there. That's what it's really about. I would've guessed 50's to early 60's on the key and you're spot on about owning the car that went with it. Nice hunt Will & Og!!!

Ed

Thanks Ed.  We were just sitting here playing with the key.  Pretending we were cruising down the road in a 57 Chevy going to the car cruise.

(11-08-2014 09:49 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]LMAO  !!!  polish toe nail clipper, too funny.
hey PW, got a 97 30th anniversary edition camaro for sale ...   Happy
it even comes with a nice shiny key ....

Nice.  They both yours?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's