Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Rare Badge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hit the dirt by myself today, as my hunting buddy Gerry was under the weather. I detected an old spot we've hit many times. I got a few wheats, 3 injuns (1901, 1902 & a no date) along with a 1919 merc. My best find of the day, which I was ecstatic to pull, is a Salvation Army badge. If I didn't go and hit the goddamn thing with my shovel, it would've been in pristine condition. You can see on the right side in the middle where I clipped it Headbang Anywho...

I cannot find anything even remotely similar to mine online. I did find one or two other Salvo badges, but they appear later than my piece. I'm guessing that it has to be from at least the teens or 20's, as that's the age of the older coins I've gotten from this spot. Any guesses?

The post-it notes are for size. Same height as regular post-it notes.

Joe
Nice catch on the silver and injuns, you must have a bucket load of injuns by now ...
That badge is really a sweet find.
i hit targets every now and then, i hate when i do that. always seems to happen to the better finds as well. never on a pop top ...
Really nice finds ...
Nice score Joe. Get yourself a bucket and stand on a corner with your new badge maybe you will get some silver in it. LOLChuckle
Very nice Joe 

Looks like a fun day for sure Yes

Cool badge even if it got nicked 

Beer
Looks like a good day. You maybe right on the badge I looked didn't see anything exactly like yours. Cool find.
Great finds Joe.  That badge is sweet.  Just slow down with the shovel man.
cool badge, it would be hard not to hit it when most of the stuff we dig up is coin or pull tab size. Still a good find. Was the pin still intact on the back?
Those are some great finds...I love old badges...maybe I will get lucky enough to find one someday. It's in great shape to boot
Nice Badge there Joe!! Feel the same way when I nick something. Nice 19 Merc!! You are piling up the IH's!!YesBeer

Ed
Cool Badge, I love those Indians!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's