Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: CTX W/stock coil is smokin the Deus w/9" in the iron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great finds and good review of the CTX I have been using mine in water and on land for 1 1/2 years now. And it is a killer on big or super small targets even in iron.
Cannot wait to get it to my fur trade spot but need to quit work so I can get some time
Steve
You forgot to mention one more thing...the man behind the machine! What do you account for that many targets Wayne? Depth?? I like the Deus,but with the 9" coil,Im not overly impressed with the depth. Ive been hitting the spots with Deus, then coming back with the Tejon with 10x12 coil and pulling more targets. WTG!
(11-10-2014 10:59 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot to mention one more thing...the man behind the machine! What do you account for that many targets Wayne? Depth?? I like the Deus,but with the 9" coil,Im not overly impressed with the depth. Ive been hitting the spots with Deus, then coming back with the Tejon with 10x12 coil and pulling more targets. WTG!

Yes Ray

I attribute "depth" IN the iron infested site/s as the main reason for most of these targets being found. 

The Deus was doing fine sniffing out targets down to around 6 or 7" but the CTX was hitting most of these at depths of 6" to 10" 

The 2 sites are approx 100 yards apart so they just about overlap and there's a ton of iron everywhere as it's been plowed and spread all over for the last 50 to 100 yrs. Also - there are power lines (towers) on the site which causes EMI -- running the CTX in auto sens was showing just how bad it is as sometimes the sens was down to 13
Congrats on pulling some oldies from the iron!!

The CTX is much larger improvement to the Etrac. vs the Etrac over the Explorers.  (my opinion)

The Etrac was a lateral step or even slightly backwards in my opinion to the SE and the E2.

As far as the Visual ID  on the CTX it is also a step backwards vs the SE and the E2.  But the processing of the signals was enough for me to make the switch. Plus the wireless and waterproof aspect.  All the other gizmos are irrelevant for my hunting style.

We have been using the CTX for a long time in heavy iron with very little complaints.  I have a DEUS as well but guess what machine gets used 90% of the time.

They will both find a lot of stuff in the iron but the CTX is more fun as well. Heavier but it gives you more information which makes it more fun for me.  I like anticipating what I am going to dig.  

But in a head to head for shallow targets in heavy iron I think the DEUS will find more targets.

Head to head for depth and ID the CTX has the advantage but the DEUS is plenty deep with the 11" coil.

The DEUS definitely has the advantage on small items  We have compared signals in our dirt while nugget hunting and the DEUS will typically hit a 22 bullet (lead) deeper than the CTX will.

Either machine will find targets when in the right area.  But this is a hobby and a hobby is meant to be fun and enjoyable and the CTX is more my cup of tea in that regard.

just my opinion of course!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's