Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Oldest Coin!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, 
Haven't posted in a while but tonight i was out detecting a friend's house that was built in 1840 to see if anything good would come up and i got really lucky digging up my new oldest coin! An 1833 Bank of Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token! It beat my other token by 19 years so I'm very happy! It was about three inches down in a soy bean field behind the house which was littered with melted cans and other trash. I think the family who lived there in the 80s and 90s dumped their fire pit out in the area i was swinging. I found it only about half an hour into the hunt and it kept me swinging till about three hours after it got dark but it was my only good find. Ive added pictures of a the same coin in better condition so you can see what it would have looked like. Also, I'm getting an update post for my finds for the last couple months ready which includes my trip to the DIV 28 where i found some really cool civil war relics so look for that in the next few days.
Thanks for looking! HH
Sweet find, and congratulations on a new oldest.
look forward to checking out some of those relics.

Really nice ...
Congrats on your new oldest!!
Congrats that's a nice token
Nice find Happy
Cool find Yes

Gotta love the rush a find like that gives!

Congrats

Beer
That's a sweet find!
Real nice find there Eric!!! I guess Canada had the bank and merchant trade tokens as well. I didn't know that. I know that during those years in the States (1830's in general) the economy was the pits and there was a big coin shortage. Andy Jackson may have "Killed the Bank" but they in turn tried to kill us by starving the country of money.

WTG on the first oldie!!!YesBeer

Ed
Congrats on your oldest token !Yes
OUTSTANDING Coin Friend!!!
That is sweet!
Reference URL's