Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nothing Special - testing out the new 8x6 SEF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Received my new 8x6 SEF coil today, so decided to give it a test run.
WOW !!! i was extremely impressed with the depth. actually i noticed no difference between the stock coil on depth, pretty much every target today was around the 6-8 inch mark, or even slightly deeper. which is right about where i was pulling most targets with the stock coil. ran wide open in TTF and was very happy with the results.
no gold or silver coins or anything to special today, but had a great test run.

to the finds, :
kitchen knife. the handle portion to a small straight boot knife. with a wooden layered handle, no blade attached, and rusted out pretty bad .
also pulled a tiny copper lid to a salt or pepper shaker. ( could be to a sand shaker, used in colonial times to fast dry ink after writing ... )
and another early to mid 1900`s lipstick case. think i have found 5-6 of them now, building quite the collection of lipstick. Kiss Sporting Pink this time ...
few odd brass and copper pieces. and a 64 penny for my thoughts ....

[attachment=4109][attachment=4110][attachment=4111][attachment=4112][attachment=4113][attachment=4114]
BulletBob, BiggRedd,
I musta watched a 1000 videos on the 4x6 Excel and the 8x6 SEF .
i decided to go with the 8x6 SEF, i was unsure how it would do in the area i hunt, but i must say, i was VERY impressed with it, as a matter of fact it will be staying on the Etrac while i continue to hunt this area. it was noticeably lighter, very easy to wiggle around the brush, i went much slower than normal, but even at a fast paced search it was grabbing targets with no problem at all ... i really like it ... and in my opinion, i would highly recommend it to anyone ... Yes
(11-11-2014 08:35 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice.  You notice better target seperation with that coil?  Is it lighter weight?

Much better PBW, and noticeably lighter. if not much lighter, much better balanced, very easy to work with in the brush. the larger coil at the end of the shaft put much more weight towards the end, making it a little more work on the arm, now the majority of the weight is at the box not at the end of the shaft, giving it a much more balanced and lighter feel .
Reference URL's