Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Strange Flat Button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay - never seen one of these exact buttons before,

looks like a deer or elk or something on the obverse?

Back says "Quality" if I'm reading correctly (and possibly has more words) but there's too much crud to be sure.

Found on an 1850s site (could be older) but that's as far back as my research goes as for property owner/s.

Stinkin Lincoln for size reference only...

[Image: butt001_zpsd5922caa.jpg]

[Image: butt002_zps23c65f33.jpg]
Wow, that's a new one, Wayne. Cool dig! Wouldn't/couldn't even venture a guess. Lots of animal related whatzits today! Bullet Bob has a coin with a goat, and you've got a button with a deer, lol.

Joe
Sweet button .
that is really cool .
Cool button.
I think I have an ID on this one

a buddy on another forum posted this:

"Its a stags head sportsman's button..  

Popular motif for the hunter in the1830's /1840s or so...Some have dogs on them and such... "
Cool button.
(11-12-2014 10:57 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have an ID on this one

a buddy on another forum posted this:

"Its a stags head sportsman's button..  

Popular motif for the hunter in the1830's /1840s or so...Some have dogs on them and such... "

I saw that. No surprise it was Mr. Southern, as he is THE most knowledgable person I've ever seen on relics. Astounding encyclopedic mind! I still think one of the treasure rags needs to make him their official detector reviewer Yes

Joe
It's a Pitt and Co Livery Stag Button front

[attachment=4133]
Nice button Wayne. So the target year for that area could be lowered to the 1830's or 40's? I dig up so much shotgun brass and never any buttons!!! Nice find!YesBeer

Ed
Great job on the ID BulletBob ... Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's