Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Harness ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone use any of these type of harness for detecting. Looking to buy one soon, the old arm is getting tried.
Never used a harness. guess it would help at the beach or parks, but in the woods. it`s just one more thing to get hung up .
I use a sling frequently when swinging the 15" WOT or the 17" on the Minelabs but made my own---very simple if you go to a box hardware store like HD or Lowe's and get some 5/16 " bungy rope and rig it up with an old shoulder harness from a back pack or something similar and they do help with holding the coil up. However , they don't help with changing directions during your swing and might create more stress as the momentum with a big coil can be deceiving over a long period of time.
I tried one but never could get used to it.
Well I picked up one of these harness and tried it today. It does take the weight of your arm, I was in an open field. Don't think it will work in the woods.
I own one too. I use it with the 12 x10 as it's a heavy sucker. Works pretty good. It does take the weight off. I've used it in the woods but it's a bear when you're passing through brush.

Ed
Reference URL's