Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Few odd digs. - Vintage brooch ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pulled up the tiny thin brooch or pin looking thing, a few feet over i got a larger foil signal decided to dig again,
and pulled up the larger brooch, all the stones or whatever was in it are gone. it had a tiny loop hanging on one side, so may have been a necklace.
also pulled up a tiny pewter two holed button.
a game farm tag " ILL LIC GAME FARM 32552 " ,
another tent grommet , a few large odd pieces of lead.
and on the way home i grabbed a wheat 1951 ...

[attachment=4183][attachment=4184][attachment=4185][attachment=4186][attachment=4187][attachment=4188][attachment=4189][attachment=4190][attachment=4191][attachment=4192][attachment=4193][attachment=4194][attachment=4195][attachment=4196][attachment=4197]
(11-15-2014 08:36 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice brooches! Someone's trying to send you a sign. Look at the 2 pieces side by side in the photos. They look like snowflakes. It's gonna be winter soon!!!

Joe

Bite your tongue Joe, we don`t want any of that cold fluffy stuff down here ...

(11-15-2014 08:26 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]More interesting stuff BONES!! Is that smaller brooch silver plated? or silver? The way it's back looks it may be a silver cast piece either .500 or .900. Or maybe even pewter. That large one looks like costume jewelry as it had a lot of flat backed stones at one time. All that lead looks like it may be overpour puddle from bullet or fishing weight casting. Just a guess, but with that one with the bullets still attached leads me to think it could be. And congrats on the Wheat! I love dating areas by the wheats I find.

Ed

Not sure what the smaller one is made of, could be thin silver.
the larger one i believe was a piece of vintage costume jewelry likely a necklace, as it had one loop still attached to one side.
(11-15-2014 08:26 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]More interesting stuff BONES!! Is that smaller brooch silver plated? or silver? The way it's back looks it may be a silver cast piece either .500 or .900. Or maybe even pewter. That large one looks like costume jewelry as it had a lot of flat backed stones at one time. All that lead looks like it may be overpour puddle from bullet or fishing weight casting. Just a guess, but with that one with the bullets still attached leads me to think it could be. And congrats on the Wheat! I love dating areas by the wheats I find.

Ed

Thanks Ed. In my hunting spot the Wheats don`t really help date anything other than the fact that within the past 50+ years someone walked through the area. as within 50 feet from the wheat is where i found the 5 1572 Spanish reals and the 5 1700`s silver and copper coins. a wheat is the last thing i hope or expect to find there.
likely dropped by a hunter in the woods ...
i get just as excited digging a wheat or a Merc as i do a Carolus, which would i rather find, well of course the older always the nicer, but the excitement and enjoyment of the find and adding another coin or relic from any time period is the same ... a love history from all time periods. ... Yes
Reference URL's